Brake pads

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
Now I know the usual pad suggestions (Ferodo DS2500, CL RC5+) but has anybody tried EBC Blue Stuff pads? You can get these for around £120 with free delivery. I've used EBC stuff a lot before and never had an issue and these seemed a good option. Delivery to Northern Ireland on stuff like pads tends to up the price significantly, I was quoted £25 delivery from KTec on a set of pads (bringing the total to £180 basically) so the free delivery does appeal.

Now I won't be doing regular track days in my 200 mostly normal road use with a bit of fast road but I can't rule out track days as I used to be a regular at my local track a few years ago when I had a dedicated track car and I can't help but wonder how the 200 would do out there.

Decisions, decisions.....

Last edited:
From my experience DS2500 all the way. Had then on my Scooby and Cupra R and they were the best by far under Brembos. Tracked both cars and will be going on my Cup when required.

DS2500. Had them on my Audi S2 and the Clio RS. They are good. Don't re invent the wheel, use what is tried and tested.

Standard RENAULT pads are good in well maintained calipers with Renault discs. I just got a new set of front and rears for £110.18 from my Renault dealer.

mintex m1155 pads are supposed to be very good, I'm fitting a set for a couple of track days next month. think they were only £130 including postage too.

I'm using mintex m1144 at the moment and they are very good for every day use. Will be going on some track days so will see how they fair

I liked the DS2500s, till I tried the RC5s. Seems there's a tolerance difference as they knock/click when going from forward to reverse bit the RC5s bight quite a bit better from cold than the DS2500s, neither pads squeek it seems if fitted properly.

Thanks for the replies. Good shout on the Mintex pads can get them for £74 (though they're looking £26 for delivery), will have to check my local motor factors as I know they do mintex. I have found the Ferodo DS2500 for £150 delivered though.

More research I think......