brake options

darren9

Paid Member
I've developed a judder from the left under breaking so I'm looking at replacing my discs and pads .

What's people's opinions on options? Ktec do a set of brembo brakes and ferodo DS2500 pads for £250. I've heard good things about ferodo's for other cas so considering that.

What do other people recommend?

Have you tried cleaning up your pads, and pins before splashing the cash ? Do the free things first is what I always suggest.
It could be a free fix.

I could do that but as I've only just bought the car I'm presuming that the discs/pads are the cheapest they could put on to sell the car .

Where can I get the mtec discs from?

I could do that but as I've only just bought the car I'm presuming that the discs/pads are the cheapest they could put on to sell the car .

Where can I get the mtec discs from?
Definitely check them , these cars have Brembos which need annual maintenance to keep them tip top. If a pad is siezed onto a pin then they may just need a good clean up.

Got a lovely delivery today; pair of dimpled/grooved front brakes from mtec 2 new brembo pads and a couple of sets of pins for the calipers.

Hoping my old man is free to fit at some point.

totally novice question, why is there such a difference in price between the mtec and Renault OE grooved discs?

I'd buy Renault over mtec

Agreed, I've just replaced my tech discs after 20,000 miles as they had gone to sh**. I've just put on standard brembo discs along with minted pads and they are far better than the mtec and minted combo ever were.

Because mate are made to a cheap budget, its like comparing a lada to a lambo.

i dare to disagree on this..as i've had both combos on ,in my clio ownership,the only difference is the pads you put on..i cant possibly tell a diff between the standard and mtec discs..