brake bleeder - anyone used this?

Looks like an expensive version of the ezi-bleed system that uses pressure from a car tyre. Ezi-bleed can be had for about £15, however I used one and think I still managed to leave some air in the system somewhere.

I'm going to invest in a vacuum type bleeder that draws fluid through from the caliper end.

Chris

You need a compressor for those ones though.

The spare tyre one is pretty much the same principle as the one I posted but you have alot more control with the hand pump.

Does the clutch need bleeding when you bleed the brakes?

im going to invest in a air compressor version that pushed the fluid through the caliper they arent that dear if you already have access to a compressor and use it fairly regularly

You need a compressor for those ones though.

The spare tyre one is pretty much the same principle as the one I posted but you have alot more control with the hand pump.

Does the clutch need bleeding when you bleed the brakes?

You can get hand pump vacuum ones too, that;s what i'm goung to get.

im going to invest in a air compressor version that pushed the fluid through the caliper they arent that dear if you already have access to a compressor and use it fairly regularly

They normally draw it through the caliper, not push it the other way don't they?

ah yes i seem to remember seeing a hand vacuum pump which goes on the caliper. i seem to remember them being very expensive though

i was thinking about buying a small compressor just for bleeding the brakes now and then and thought it would be handy for drying the car off after washing but its just another big item to find room to store!

just remember if you get a vacuum type one not to open the nipples to far as all you will do it cause it to drag air in via the thread on the nipple...

I have used one of these for the last 10 years. There's no need for anything else

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-37...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item484453e9f0

used them on bikes before and found them a complete waste of time.

could bleed brakes myself in minutes on bikes the old fashioned way but with 2 people on the car it would be a bit of a pain.

them hand held vacuum ones seem the way to go.

the ones that force the fluid in through the reservoir i would be worried about damaging the plastic reservoir with the pressure

nice bit of kit but expensive for home diy and the few times it needs to be used

It was split three ways between me my brother and a mate so not to bad, and we all have 200's, also I had a vat off offer so got it a little bit cheaper so overall it's a good deal

do you have a compressor? what kind you got?

if you live in redcar you can do mine for me if you like for a few beers:kiss:

Yeah me an my brother have a Clarke industrial air, can't remember the capacity but it is a fair size,

It will be a learning curve for us like as we've only done it manually on motorbike clutches and brakes, so we have a fair idea of what we are doing, so will give it a go if your willing

well i was going to get some braided hoses and upgrade the fluid ready for the track so might have a go

when were you planning on doing your car?