boy racers anoying my other half!

For me it's always the middle aged guy in a diesel mondeo estate trying to relive the youth haha, no point whatsoever!

Although I am the first to admit that if prompted by a 17 year old in a saxo I'll put a dint in my mpg :smile:

Normal A4 deff not as just had a play round a few roundabouts with one but my good does the S4 Move! Was just having fun on my own and didn't realise I over took him on a long tight slip road on to a motorway and then BAMM he shot off! Obviously thought I was playing :/

Normal A4 deff not as just had a play round a few roundabouts with one but my good does the S4 Move! Was just having fun on my own and didn't realise I over took him on a long tight slip road on to a motorway and then BAMM he shot off! Obviously thought I was playing :/

Have to take account of the engine they've got. But still in the corners in tight city roads, they won't stand a chance.

I find most of the time the people that try it on are just straight line drivers, as soon as a corner approaches they drop back a fair way :zomg:
Had some oldish bloke in a Berk (lol) SL550 sat up my arse when i was in my 106 rallye earlier, think he got a tad excited when he saw it was stripped out with a cage and the door squares on the side.

Damn it, was driving wife's fiesta, with a P plate, some idiot drove a Mazda3 proper pushing. Come on. Thought it was a sport but no it's just an ordinary one. And result??? He got smoked.... Just don't get these people. If you are not that good, then why bother to act all aggressive? I guess it must be the P plate, and the overcompensation again.

I had a new shape type R the other day, tried to beat me off from the lights. But my bird just seems to get men gawping at her, it's not everyday you see a RB 200 with a big blonde mop in the driver seat!

I had one Saturday, an 02 plate golf GTi, kept slowing down then accelerating then slowing in front of me (on a country lane) so I went after him, out braked him into a corner (I could see around it) and shot off, into the next village at 30MPH and he's sat on my bumper swerving all over, gave me the finger when I turn off to my garage. cock.

I had a new shape type R the other day, tried to beat me off from the lights. But my bird just seems to get men gawping at her, it's not everyday you see a RB 200 with a big blonde mop in the driver seat!

Lol this is what mine gets! Blonde in a LY R27 does get some attention :/

I get the odd 1-2 at the weekends try to have a go with me. I had a chattering audi s3 behind me the other day, so I thought the better of it whilst sitting on a motorway... Lol. Keep my manhood.

But, as what's already been mentioned, it's always on straights, them slow down on the bends, I'm the other way around and the Clio just mind blows people with the grip. It's such an underestimated car.

My missis has driven mine a few times, and being quite in your face with white speedlines and cup spoiler, it shocks people when they see a girl driving it.

She had a 172 as her first car, just as I sold my ph1 172, she's car mad lol. She's just bought an R56 Mini Cooper S, always driving in sports mode for the overrun pops and bangs lol. So funny to see.

Hi all, not driving the Clio of course any longer but I still get idiots trying it on with me in the Boxster since buying it a month or so ago. And consistently I get these idiots less than a mile away from my house (surrounded by them!). Mostly Audi A3s or cumbersome Mercs. I have to laugh when they attempt a corner in pursuit...

Hi all, not driving the Clio of course any longer but I still get idiots trying it on with me in the Boxster since buying it a month or so ago. And consistently I get these idiots less than a mile away from my house (surrounded by them!). Mostly Audi A3s or cumbersome Mercs. I have to laugh when they attempt a corner in pursuit...

What do you think of the boxster mate as was looking at some older ones before we got the Clio. My parents had one years ago (before my mum decided she didn't want anything under a 3ltr) and I loved it.

What do you think of the boxster mate as was looking at some older ones before we got the Clio. My parents had one years ago (before my mum decided she didn't want anything under a 3ltr) and I loved it.

Hi mate, I'm loving it I have to say. I was abit apprehensive buying a car nearly 11 years old with 112k miles on it but a few months or so in now i really do love driving it. I've had 3 911s ( still have my GTS 997) so have been comparing to that and indeed the 200.

Im glad I went with the 'S, the 2.7 is far too underpowered for the chassis. It's throaty and has plenty of low down torque and actually feels perfect for back road blasts. The 911 performance is on a different level really but the boxster can be more enjoyable as you can use more of the power more often.

It feels over engineered and it's this that impresses me most when I consider how old the car is and how many miles it's covered. Everything works and it just feels so balanced. When I consider it cost 7.5k it's amazing really. I loved the 200 to bits but I think the boxster is more exploitable wi the bit of extra power on tap. However, I would put the 200 and boxster together in terms of smiles per £. Both cars Imo are very underestimated.

The only downside with the older car will be running costs. Parts are costly and the engine is the potential weak spot (IMS bearing). That was the logic for going higher mileage as a high number of engines have failed with low miles so figured a higher mileage one with a good history will be a safer bet. I've got an aftermarket warranty that covers me up to 120k miles so some piece of mind :smile:

I have a track day next month so will be able to give a good account of how it fairs. I think it'll be good. I've changed the replica 19's and replaced with decent Porsche 18 alloys ECG have transformed the ride ( and it looks better for it!) and put a plate on to hide it's age. Other than that a minor service and may explore some 996 gt3 replacement parts along the way as it shared a lot with the 996.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I don't get it really lol, I guess people see the renault sport badge on the boot and the twin exhausts and think hmmm best not haha. I love seeing little chavs in 1.2 corsas with black rims and roof thinking they're the dogs ********. I just laugh haha