Bonding on a new spoiler

Hey,

Will be the owner of a sprint spoiler this weekend, wondering what people have used to stick these on? Have heard of tiger seal being mentioned, please let me know what is best for the job.

Will also need to fill the four holes left behind from my cup spoiler, would some silicone sealant do the trick considering I am going to be sticking the sprint spoiler over the top anyway?

Thanks

Mine is bonded on with windscreen sealant. Doesn't move at all and the same stuff should keep the water out if you fill the holes in with it.

Thanks Paddy, can you let me know the name of the stuff you used, might as well get the exact stuff if it works well for yourself.

Thanks

Stixall MS Polymer 290ml from tool station.

Hybrid PMS Polymer technology. Combined building adhesive and sealant, bonds and seals virtually everything to anything. Water resistant, can be applied to wet surfaces.

I used this, works perfectly and much easier to get.

It is second hand, so I won't get any with it.

I am sure there are loads of different ones I can pick from.

Thanks

I used the bonding agent that comes with the spolier, works very well :smile:

The body shop guy that does all my stuff looked at the stuff that came with it, stated it was crap and literally threw it across is unit into a large bin/skip.

OiNK I fired him a text earlier asking him what he did use to bond my spoiler on. I'm still awaiting a reply.

Thanks Paddy, spoiler is due to arrive today, busting to get it on! I ordered some of that stixall stuff but will also wait to see what you used because I want to make sure this thing does not fly off when I am going down the motorway...

Did you have someone at a bodyshop put yours on for you? I was just going to try myself with a friend...

I bonded mine on and took it round the ring and then on a track day....

You'd think that'd be enough!

Haha, ok that sounds good enough to me :smile: Ordered a 290ml tube of that stuff you suggested in white. How much of it do you reckon you used? Did you stick it on yourself?

Excited!

Oh, wasn't aware these bolted on at all? From reading the website I thought it was just bonded on, are there holes on the spoiler as standard to bolt it on?

Oh, wasn't aware these bolted on at all? From reading the website I thought it was just bonded on, are there holes on the spoiler as standard to bolt it on?

yes mate,i did the same as mark and both ours fitted perfectly,the allen bolts that come with it are mainly there to hold the spoiler down and in position whilst the bonding agent drys I think

So you allen bolted it on and just left it that way even after the adhesive dried? Hmmm, wonder will those allen bolts line up with the holes left behind from my cup spoiler? Anyone happen to have gone down the route before?

So you allen bolted it on and just left it that way even after the adhesive dried? Hmmm, wonder will those allen bolts line up with the holes left behind from my cup spoiler? Anyone happen to have gone down the route before?

I actually removed the allen bolts once the stuff had dried and used two white plug things to cover the holes to tidy things up but you could just leave them,they don't look bad at all

i'm pretty sure you'll have to drill new holes mate,someone on here has gone the same spoiler route as you have iirc

Hmmm, buggar drilling new holes, I imagine binding it on using this crazy stixall stuff and leaving it to set overnight would be enough to avoid needing to drill more holes in my boot?

Yeah OiNK mine needed painted as it was in primer when I got it so they fitted it to. Only cost me £60 all in but then I know the body shop guy as I've used him for years.

And also no bolts for me and its not going anywhere!