Bolt Length

DanB720

Gold Member
Hi,

I recently had my belts done on my 59 plate 200 and it appears that a bolt is missing.

1420ca70b31146ca7fbdec7a9d1f7b4e.jpg
This is the bolt that should be there. It is under the torque arm.

48fbfee08a52fbd488fdd147def75d31.jpge12fb34282df6ff1a62b73409b85880b.jpg
This is the hole mine has.

Went to Renault and they managed to track down the bolt but didn't know which length it is.

Does anyone know the length? Or would maybe be nice enough to whip theirs out, measure it and let me know?

It's either: 125mm, 30mm, 50mm or 70mm

Thanks

Renault didn't know what length it is? What a joke... They make the cars how can they not find that out lol!!

The belts weren't done by them trust me. Done by someone who's been in he Renault sport game along time (not naming names). Just want a bolt for the sake of £10 it's going to cost me.

put a pencil in the hole until it bottoms out but use your head don't let it fall in then you know how long the bolt can be. It looks like a 10.9 bolt which is a higher strength bolt so don't use any bolt laying around, the other thing will be was the bolt lost or was it sheered off in the hole. Check around the engine bay on the sub frame you would be surprised that a dropped bolt can hang around after weeks of driving. Without the bolt I would not go trashing around encase you overload the other bolts, On my 197 2008 the 125mm and 70mm bolt options are not available leaving 30mm or 50mm option if your depth check is less that 50mm then it has to be 30mm bolt.

put a pencil in the hole until it bottoms out but use your head don't let it fall in then you know how long the bolt can be. It looks like a 10.9 bolt which is a higher strength bolt so don't use any bolt laying around, the other thing will be was the bolt lost or was it sheered off in the hole. Check around the engine bay on the sub frame you would be surprised that a dropped bolt can hang around after weeks of driving. Without the bolt I would not go trashing around encase you overload the other bolts, On my 197 2008 the 125mm and 70mm bolt options are not available leaving 30mm or 50mm option if your depth check is less that 50mm then it has to be 30mm bolt.

I'll have a look over the weekend on the subframe etc. The depth check was 100mm.

Thanks