Bloody K-tec Spoiler!! *slight update*

I was driving down the motorway and I heard a slight "clunk". I thought nothing of it as the car was driving fine. I went to drive in to my girlfriends estate and over every bump I hear a "bang" at first I though something like the diffuser was hitting the ground so I got out only to find my spoiler hanging off!!

The actual bolt that you screw the spoiler in to has came away from the spoiler! IMO I was very lucky that the spoiler didn't fall off at 70mph on the motorway especially as the other side which was still on the car is "bubbling" so it looks like its going to come out sometime soon as well! Anyway I had the spoiler a whole of just over 2 months. Should I be contacting K-tec? Pics if anyone has any recommendations? can anyone measure the size of the mount points for the Clio Cup Spoiler as I'm nearly tempted to get one of these.

IMAG0186.png

IMAG0187.png

IMAG0189.png

IMAG0188.png

Last edited:
But if its been raining make sure you let the holes fully dry before covering with masking tape

Thats shocking!

Shouldn't have rusted through in 2months. If they kick up a fuss the product they supplied is not fit for purpose and they are lucky not to be having a spoiler in loads of pieces being handed back to them if it had fallen off!

was me that fitted it :worried:. Got some ultra strength glue that works under water. the ****er isn't coming off again. I'm just glad it didn't fly off on the motorway and smash a window of a car behind or worse!

I would have used stainless nuts and bolts for something under the car or at least cover them in cavity wax/underseal.

Putting stainless steel bolts in is probably the worst thing you could do to be honest! Use bright zink plated (BZP) bolts and you won't get the reaction you'll get with stainless....

Personally id contact Ktec and have a word should happen after 2 months and dont know who else this could happen to like you said fall off though a window on a motorway could be the thing that happens to someone

ye I put a clear gel over the ones I put in but the nut that was in I could only get the gel on the inside as it was embedded in the spoiler :worried:

I didnt get any screws with my spoiler from them. Just some bonder that was 3 year out of date lol. The bodyshop that fitted mine used their glue to bond it on. Its not going anywhere.

Sorry to hear about Your car.

K tec are known for selling parts like spoilers and exhausts etc cheap and cheerful.

If I were you I would be getting in touch with k tec to get them to set this matter out.

Yeah the glue was out of date and had gone hard :| hence screwing it on! Got some Tigerseal will be on by the weekend.

In the mean time I polished the bad boy up! few pics just for clarity. After a polish the paint clarity is excellent!

image%20%284%29.png

Reflection of the LED torch!

image%20%283%29.png

I've also emailed K-tec saying:

Hey,

Just to let you guys know I had a major issue with the Rear Sprint Spoiler. When it arrived a few months back (oct time) the glue had already hardened so I screwed the spoiler on to the nuts that are embedded within. This obviously wasn't a good idea as last night on the motorway one of the nuts that was embedded came free leaving the spoiler held on by only one side. I immediately took the spoiler off when I got home and the far side nut was just about to come free from the spoiler. I just wanted to let you guys know so you can stick a warning in to the packaging in case anyone else attempts to mount the spoiler in this way. I've attached pics to try and explain what happened a little better. I'm going to re-attach with Tigerseal.

The side where the nut has came out of the spoiler:

*images*

The side that looks like it just held:

*images*

Cheers,
Adam.

so we ill see what they come back with!

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions