Bloody spiffing idea

a local garage has opened its doors to diy mechanics.
Ten quid an hour. Proper ramps. Tools supplied.
Take your car in and do what you need to do for a tenner an hour!

I have a feeling it won't take off but hope it does

We had one right near us - unfortunately it flopped.

H+S
Stolen tools.
Insurance and Liability etc
Broken cars blocking ramps
People booking and not turning up etc etc

Great thought. Not quite the simple idea in reality it seems and needs some planning and thought to succeed imo..........

There's one near me called Pit Start. Definitely a good idea but like Shuv said, I can't imagine how they must deal with tool theft.

We had one right near us - unfortunately it flopped.

H+S
Stolen tools.
Insurance and Liability etc
Broken cars blocking ramps
People booking and not turning up etc etc

Great thought. Not quite the simple idea in reality it seems and needs some planning and thought to succeed imo..........
No crime in cornwall like rough old suffolk

Place near me called Ramp It Up. Go there everytime I need to do work I can't complete comfortably on the drive (oil change, gearbox oil, brakes etc)

Greta idea but surely they don't need to provide tools. The cost of a basic set is minimal these days. Enough to do brakes and an oil change anyway. I'd soon get feed up of replacing 10mm spanners that always go walkabout

I think maybe you take you're own but if you need back up it's there. How many times do you hunt around for one socket or spanner which you've mislaid.lol

What is this world coming too? (LOL)

I see a big big gap in the insurance sector now (anybody want to be a shareholder here?), I think I'll insure your experience in that garage for 65 Quid a month and if you hurt yourself or your car you have room to claim. Shall we call it: Wrench&Wrack-scue! We fix what you broke! But in the end you're a good bloke! (nice punchline if I do say so myself... any takers?

Similar Thread Suggestions