Bloody aircon is faulty..

Was just trying to fix it my self that's all because I am 90% sure there is gas in the system and its not all leaked out in 5 months, like I said the A/C does not work at all now. Compressor is not kicking in, the noise was before it was re-gassed.

This was the sound it made before it was re-gassed http://youtu.be/SDyOtkdv_uE

Got the car booked in to be checked as its not something I can fix but I did find a technical note regarding a reprogramming of the injection computer if code DF1070 is logged (like gaz posted) , something to do with the computer blocking authorisation of control for the air conditioning compressor.

Definitely sounds like a worn bearing.

I'd get the pump serviced and regassed, see if it fixes it. If not, the pump is an expensive part and a worn bearing could wear through your accessory belt, causing all kinds of damage. Worth getting checked out sooner rather than later.

Was just trying to fix it my self that's all because I am 90% sure there is gas in the system and its not all leaked out in 5 months, like I said the A/C does not work at all now. Compressor is not kicking in, the noise was before it was re-gassed.

This was the sound it made before it was re-gassed http://youtu.be/SDyOtkdv_uE

Got the car booked in to be checked as its not something I can fix but I did find a technical note regarding a reprogramming of the injection computer if code DF1070 is logged (like gaz posted) , something to do with the computer blocking authorisation of control for the air conditioning compressor.

so you changed the "pressure sensor" - how did you stop the loss of air-con pressure?

But then it might be a leak or just not been done correctly, I was told a die was applied however when I removed the pressure sensor no die came out so like you say might also be worth seeing if recharging the system works.

You realise it's an ultra violet dye that is normally used dont you? Unless you have very special eyes I doubt you would see the dye! lol

Unless of course you have a uv lamp, then if so please ignore my stupid comment!

so you changed the "pressure sensor" - how did you stop the loss of air-con pressure?

Doesn't sound like he did, I assume the system is empty otherwise it would have gone everywhere!

Si, it has an automatic shut-off valve that isolates the system so you don't have to drain it when removing the pressure sensor.

You realise it's an ultra violet dye that is normally used dont you? Unless you have very special eyes I doubt you would see the dye! lol

Unless of course you have a uv lamp, then if so please ignore my stupid comment!

Well yeah what else are they going to put in there? I had a UV lamp I was using to check for leaks, didn't feel I had to state that information but hey ho.

Had it checked today, everything is all ok and no fault codes were logged so it was drained, vacuum tested, die re-added and re-gassed and all is working again.

must have just been low on gas!

sounds like mine or same type of issue as mine ie i dont use it for ages and then try its faulty and a re-gas sorts it....blooming frenchie motor :drunk:

Similar Thread Suggestions