Bleeding the brake system

Raptor6767

Gold Member
As some of you know I have problems with my brakes: When I push the brake pedal the car doesn't start to brake as it used to (it started happening after I had my brake pads changed at the dealers) - the pedal travels for 1/3 and then it starts to brake but not with the same force as before.

So I thought it had to do something with:

1. I probably have some air in my brake system
2. My master brake cylinder is not working properly
3. My servo pump is not working properly

But it has crossed my mind that there is maybe also a software bleeding procedure in Renault Clip Tool that I didn't do. I did the "classic" way of bleeding the system.

So I'm wondering now is there any good soul that can ask their local stealer for the procedure of bleeding the system? And please do mention them my idea with the clip tool (maybe that didn't even cross their mind also).

THANK YOU! :thumbup:

Had same problem on my brakes after they were worked on.
They bled the brakes, passenger side first, starting at the rear.
And afterwards, brakes were 100%

Good Luck!

Had same problem on my brakes after they were worked on.
They bled the brakes, passenger side first, starting at the rear.
And afterwards, brakes were 100%

Good Luck!

Tnx for the info, but can you be more specific?

Did they do anything with the Renault Clip tool or anything electrical?

I'm asking that because, I bled the rear drivers side first, than the passenger rear side, passenger front side and then the drivers front left side.

I shall see when I bleed the whole system (will do it next week while changing the clutch).

No, special tools. Wasn't done at the dealer.
They did rear passenger side, front passenger, rear driver then driver wheel.
Just make sure you keep topping up the fluid in the resorvoir! If this goes down, you'll get more air in the system.

No, special tools. Wasn't done at the dealer.
They did rear passenger side, front passenger, rear driver then driver wheel.
Just make sure you keep topping up the fluid in the resorvoir! If this goes down, you'll get more air in the system.

I know that, it wasn't my first time I've bled the system (I did it more than 10 times on my vehicles).

TNX for the info!