Black R27 Detail with new Megs 205, a Rotary and some Zymol

I've only just got round to having a decent play with Megs 205 - I bought a sample from Mark at Autobrite a few months ago.

I must say that this is a joy to use, it corrects surprisingly well for a "finishing polish" and dusts very little. It was a pleasure to use via Rotary too, and made a great job of my R27.

Few pics here, topped with Z Glasur (which only added a very subtle gloss to the finish)

P1010090.jpg

P1010091.gif

P1010093.jpg

P1010095.jpg

P1010096.jpg

P1010097.jpg

P1010106.gif

P1010107.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010112.jpg

P1010118.jpg

That's probably the 'deepest' it's ever looked. Very pleased with the finish.

Has anyone else tried the Megs?

Cheers,

Russ.

You wont be smiling when you see the swirls and scratches on mine mate, I dont get her back till next week. Thats when the tools come out for trax!

It wasn't a full detail as it was my own car, which tends to be my test mule for new products.

Probably spent a good couple of hours machine polishing - burnishing the paint with a finishing pad at low speed really does bring out the gloss, so it always a worthwhile step.

Ideally I'd be spending 4 hours correcting and 4 hours refining every car I do, but it's not always possible. It's good to see what can be achieved in stages on my own one though.

Cheers,

Russ.

RussZS said:
It wasn't a full detail as it was my own car, which tends to be my test mule for new products.

Probably spent a good couple of hours machine polishing - burnishing the paint with a finishing pad at low speed really does bring out the gloss, so it always a worthwhile step.

Ideally I'd be spending 4 hours correcting and 4 hours refining every car I do, but it's not always possible. It's good to see what can be achieved in stages on my own one though.

Cheers,

Russ.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong a little, I'm still learning with the machine, but I've pretty much cracked correction, to my satisfaction anyway (although I do worry a little about paint thickness, as I don't have a paint gauge) - but I don't spend much time with a finishing pad. I tend to apply the last coat of polish/sealant by machine but it really is a quick going over. Any link to a decent pad for this?

I was using the yellow Menzerna finishing pad with the 205 (which is a finishing polish):

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/M ... _Pads.html £5.20

It's worth spending that extra time finishing down properly. So if you cut with something like 3.02 or #83, it will leave it's own marring behind, maybe some buffer trails (normally if you use Rotary) and other marks. As such, the refining stage is key to cleaning the paint up a little more, and burnishing the paint to a high gloss.

As they say, it's all in the Prep.

Nice one Russ!

Im getting a good shine from my Deep Black too but still wanting your finish!

Got pictures of the stuff you used?