Black 'Look' Roof - Advice Please

Love the gloss black roof. Maybe next on the shopping list but I'm certainly not doing it myself. I don't have enough patience. If it doesn't go on 1st time with no air bubbles, It'll end up being thrown across the street whilst I sit indoors with a sulk on

Just reading this with interest as I was interested in a black roof to, saw this chart and is that right my car is one of only 44 mine is glacier white, recaros, black speedlines and carbon pack and sat nav or am i really not reading it right?

I would consider a wrap as said you can in theory unwrap it if you change your mind, having seen a matt black roof on another renault forum i really like the look.:

5335264941_75f3cf6425_b.jpg

However im a huge fan of this all day:

11797221206_ac3cc90d5a_b.jpg
That list only states how many of a certain colour had the options fitted like recaros, Speedline's etc etc. It's not saying what each individual car had though spec wise mate.

As nice as this looks I've seen some pretty bad photos of streamlines work, after being fitted to the car.
after seeing these I wouldnt risk £1500 on a roof from them.

Streamline part on our car still looks brand new. I'd have no worries provided there was some sort of written agreement about the quality of fitment.

I'd order it unfinished and get the top coat done myself though.

£1500 for a roof is insane! You could get upgraded cams, a new exhaust and a remap for that!! :excited:

Reactions: Gordini
£1500 for a roof is insane! You could get upgraded cams, a new exhaust and a remap for that!! :excited:

It's not that crazy mate. You'd see very little change from £1500 just to do cams and set up, once all fitted. Plus there are often issues with mapping depending on who you take it to. You wouldn't be fitting an exhaust into the mix at that price I don't think.

A carbon roof is a large bit of carbon and if proper pre-preg, the price is about right. For my M it would be closer to £2k. Fitting is obviously a big one too as you need to cut out the original roof which means all the top of the interior and glass out and it's a lot of labour on a lengthy install.

But it saves a good chunk of weight from the very best part of the car to lose it. Lowers the COG, adds lightness and looks amazing. One of the coolest mods you could have in my opinion. But yeah, it's EXPENSIVE!

It's not that crazy mate. You'd see very little change from £1500 just to do cams and set up, once all fitted. Plus there are often issues with mapping depending on who you take it to. You wouldn't be fitting an exhaust into the mix at that price I don't think.

A carbon roof is a large bit of carbon and if proper pre-preg, the price is about right. For my M it would be closer to £2k. Fitting is obviously a big one too as you need to cut out the original roof which means all the top of the interior and glass out and it's a lot of labour on a lengthy install.

But it saves a good chunk of weight from the very best part of the car to lose it. Lowers the COG, adds lightness and looks amazing. One of the coolest mods you could have in my opinion. But yeah, it's EXPENSIVE!
I thought it was £1500 just for the roof plus a shed load of labour on top to fit. A very expensive mod overall and not one i'd risk with some of the bits I've seen done by them. If the fit was as good as shuv's inlet badge you'd have to hope it never rained! :wink:

Reactions: sevenfourate
I thought it was £1500 just for the roof plus a shed load of labour on top to fit. A very expensive mod overall and not one i'd risk with some of the bits I've seen done by them. If the fit was as good as shuv's inlet badge you'd have to hope it never rained! :wink:

HA HA HA.

Be more like a convertible if it fitted like my badge did :smile:

Reactions: Gordini

Ha. Maybe you missed my second paragraph mate but the fitting has certainly not been forgotten about. And yeah, I did put "EXPENSIVE" at the end of my post! Proper mod with lots of work. Always going to be pricey.

As for the risk, if it fitted as well as the other part on our car, I'd have absolutely no problem with it, I'd just order it unfinished and get my mate to do the top coat. The quality of the carbon I have is absolutely superb, not a kink in the weave anywhere. The roof could be checked over thoroughly for shape and finish before fitting.

I agree, there have been some mistakes made by them (hence me saying I'd want some written agreements on acceptable levels of workmanship) but unless things have changed massively, they can make some perfectly made parts that fit without any issues. Maybe they make more of an effort on the proper stuff rather than the parts that may as well just be "carbon look", who knows.

Certainly they have churned out a few toilets though, no doubt but I've heard not one complaint about any of their more serious parts. And I've seen enough carbon to know a quality part when I see one. All we can do is go off the parts we have. Shuv definitely wouldn't use them again, I might be tempted...

Ha. Maybe you missed my second paragraph mate but the fitting has certainly not been forgotten about. And yeah, I did put "EXPENSIVE" at the end of my post! Proper mod with lots of work. Always going to be pricey.

As for the risk, if it fitted as well as the other part on our car, I'd have absolutely no problem with it, I'd just order it unfinished and get my mate to do the top coat. The quality of the carbon I have is absolutely superb, not a kink in the weave anywhere. The roof could be checked over thoroughly for shape and finish before fitting.

I agree, there have been some mistakes made by them (hence me saying I'd want some written agreements on acceptable levels of workmanship) but unless things have changed massively, they can make some perfectly made parts that fit without any issues. Maybe they make more of an effort on the proper stuff rather than the parts that may as well just be "carbon look", who knows.

Certainly they have churned out a few toilets though, no doubt but I've heard not one complaint about any of their more serious parts. And I've seen enough carbon to know a quality part when I see one. All we can do is go off the parts we have. Shuv definitely wouldn't use them again, I might be tempted...

We all make mistakes. Life is about how you get over them and rectify the issue.

I wouldn't use them again - not because of the 'mistake' they made....but because of the lack of concern, poor aftersales and general 'give-a-fuck' attitude once my money was banked.

We all make mistakes. Life is about how you get over them and rectify the issue.

I wouldn't use them again - not because of the 'mistake' they made....but because of the lack of concern, poor aftersales and general 'give-a-fuck' attitude once my money was banked.

Shocking mate. There's just no excuse for that. Seems to happen more and more these days.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical, there's no way I'm getting a carbon roof, I've got £600 worth of sticker to look after!
:smiley:

I'd just REALLY like one!

Shocking mate. There's just no excuse for that. Seems to happen more and more these days.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical, there's no way I'm getting a carbon roof, I've got £600 worth of sticker to look after!
:smiley:

I'd just REALLY like one!

No big issue Mes.

All im saying is the attitude is perhaps as if not more important than the product. Especially if these are somewhat bespoke parts and issues (However small) are to be 'expected'....

£600 STICKER ! You can get a nice car for that these days :smile:

No big issue Mes.

All im saying is the attitude is perhaps as if not more important than the product. Especially if these are somewhat bespoke parts and issues (However small) are to be 'expected'....

£600 STICKER ! You can get a nice car for that these days :smile:

Ha, mate, if you knew the huge steaming piles of poo I've had to deal with because of shocking customer service just to get the part I want...

Sometimes it's the only way :smiley:

£600 was probably conservative! It's one of the silliest overpriced "parts" I've ever come across!!!

20th edition also came out with black roof, only real problem with them is they are put on very thin. A paint reading of 40 microns is well sensitive to say the least! Had to keep the weight down I suppose...

20th edition also came out with black roof, only real problem with them is they are put on very thin. A paint reading of 40 microns is well sensitive to say the least! Had to keep the weight down I suppose...

Wow, that's the opposite of the one I've seen on an SG 200. It was amazingly thick. Like a layer of bitumen!