Black 'Look' Roof - Advice Please

Some RS200s have the contrasting black roof - that can look very attractive.

Few questions:
- Was it a Factory option?
- To retro-fit, would you paint or vinyl wrap (my Renault Dealer has said the price is similar £200ish)?
- What is the most practical colour - flat gloss black, flat satin black, metallic black, etc......? (I'm thinking of practicality to avoid showing marks - but guessit should match the bumpers, rear-splitter?)
- Do the 'rails' need doing or just the roof centre?

Any other advice? Thanks

Pretty sure it was never an optional extra.

I'd go for wrap over spray as price is similar and it can be removed for free if you decide to do so at a later date/come to sell.

I'd go for gloss black personally as I think it looks the best.

Practically matte would probably be best in terms of avoiding marks.

Carbon is hard to pull off unless you've got other carbon bits like wing mirror caps etc.

Just to clarify by rails you mean the bits that roof racks attach to? I'd get these done too as otherwise they'd stand out like a sore thumb.

Was an option for sure and it was called Pearl Black I think. It's mad stuff too, looks like 5mm thick paint. Really cool option to have in my opinion.

To replicate it, just get it wrapped. Easy to take off, yet will look every bit the part. Fake carbon is an absolute no no to me though. You may as well stick a V6 badge on the back too...

:smiley:

Definitely don't do the rails.

What colour is your car, it looks better on some than others.

Easy photoshop if you need to get an idea how it looks.

The only Clios that had them as standard are the raiders and silverstones...

Wrap is preferable as it's reversible and easily changed!

Err... stating the obvious but, PHOTOS PLEASE!!! :smiley:

I would, if this website could host a picture bigger than 1mb......

Find me on Instagram, samdolby

Couple of pictures back should give you the answers you desire!!

I would, if this website could host a picture bigger than 1mb......

Find me on Instagram, samdolby

Couple of pictures back should give you the answers you desire!!

Had a look. Insta photos so there's only so much you can see. How was the install? Presume it's Streamline?

Yeah true but you can zoom on Instagram!
The same as any other roof replacement really, it's about how you tidy up the join lines
I'll try get some pictures on the forum with an image compressor app
Yeah it's a Streamline Carbon part

Yeah true but you can zoom on Instagram!
The same as any other roof replacement really, it's about how you tidy up the join lines
I'll try get some pictures on the forum with an image compressor app
Yeah it's a Streamline Carbon part

True but if the image is low quality to begin with zooming isn't helping much!

Use tinypic mate. Free and can auto-resize if needed.

That's a really super cool mod you have there fella.

I have one of the 2 AG 200's that came from the factory with a black roof, so it was an option mate. View attachment 16315View attachment 16316

Just reading this with interest as I was interested in a black roof to, saw this chart and is that right my car is one of only 44 mine is glacier white, recaros, black speedlines and carbon pack and sat nav or am i really not reading it right?

I would consider a wrap as said you can in theory unwrap it if you change your mind, having seen a matt black roof on another renault forum i really like the look.:

5335264941_75f3cf6425_b.jpg

However im a huge fan of this all day:

11797221206_ac3cc90d5a_b.jpg