Black 197 Trackday Clio

I'm looking to replace my Oulton cage with a proper rear half, and that looks a nice bit of kit

Harness bar heights though, isn't it less than ideal to have the harnesses at a downward angle at the rear?

Edited for clarity; Poor description sorry, shouldn't the harnesses run downwards away from the seat at a max of 45 degrees, yours look to run slightly uphill?

Yep agreed it does look like the harness wrap is high in that picture. With me in the seat/strapped in, the shoulder straps are bang on horizontal. I'm tall so have my seat low, for ref.

Good stuff :thumb:

Could you do me a favour, I'm the same (tall), so would you mind measuring vertically up from the floorpan to the bottom of the harness slots on your seats to give me an idea of how my seat/harness height would compare to yours. My seats are on OMP subframes but mounted as low as possible in the actual seat subframes and are possibly a bit low so I could move them up a bit if needed to get the harness angle right

Better still, a photo of the measurement from rear seat base to harness bars.

1705767221841.png

Last edited:
That's going to be too high for me. I can move my seat up a bit but don't want to go too far. Nice to be able to check so thanks for that

3D3653D7-171D-4CC3-AD58-03DE536BEBB1.jpeg

Just for reference lads ^

The problem I’ve found is that the seats are actually causing the issue. The bar height itself on the cage is fine compared to shoulder.... it’s just that the eyelets on the back of the seat are too low.

I’ve just swapped to a Sparco evo XL and it’s much better for my harnesses.

Reactions: suj
It’s not the best pic. But the best I have to hand.
See how the seat eyelets are too low on the passenger seat compared to the drivers.

Whilst it’s still ok for angle, it’s just not ideal.

2531AC7E-1328-4A15-A46C-592162B4859E.jpeg

My main issue with my old seat, is that the base of my helmet came to the top of the seat. If I ever had an accident I’m sure my head would go straight over the seat and snap my neck

See how the seat eyelets are too low on the passenger seat compared to the drivers.

View attachment 144599

My main issue with my old seat, is that the base of my helmet came to the top of the seat. If I ever had an accident I’m sure my head would go straight over the seat and snap my neck
If our paths ever cross can I test that seat out?

View attachment 144599

That Corbeau does look low - almost like it's for a specific application that requires it, e.g. small cockpit cars. Most Corbeau's I've seen have full height backs/wings and harness holes.

Compbrake top mounts removed and replaced with new OE renault top mounts (for now) after spherical bearing punched through their outer ring. Not my most favourite job in the world, but not the worst as everything's been apart recently and went back together with anti-sieze.

1705767249026.png

1705767269478.png

1705767297879.png

1705767344693.png

Drive's a whole lot nicer (quieter) on the road, but need to get some others sorted for more camber on track.

Last edited: