Big Bens non Clio

I am definitely keen for another track day, and hopefully it'll be more of a regular thing for a few from this forum to meet up around the country at various events. Coilovers and ad08r's are on my hit list before the next outing :smile:

Hope the car is an easy fix ben, god knows you've spent enough dollar recently! But from my view point, all the spending seems worthwhile after a day like yesterday

Reactions: Pav and jamesgw200
I am definitely keen for another track day, and hopefully it'll be more of a regular thing for a few from this forum to meet up around the country at various events. Coilovers and ad08r's are on my hit list before the next outing :smile:

Hope the car is an easy fix ben, god knows you've spent enough dollar recently! But from my view point, all the spending seems worthwhile after a day like yesterday
Couldn’t agree more Andy.
Tracking a car will find any weakeness just lucky mine came after I’d finished racing.
Thought your car looked ace mate. Coilies and tyres would take it to the next level!!
Look forward to more get togethers in the future:thumb:

I hear you guys but......

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????:smile:

Nice one gents, sounds that you had a blast. I was at Snetterton that day otherwise I'd definitely join you.

Ben, a member in here a few years back had the exact same issue as you, apparently it was caused by the temps in the engine bay (manifold close to the servo?) and as a result that area needs heat insulation of some sort. I don't say that that was the reason in your case but maybe something to look at going forwards?

Reactions: Big Ben
I hear you guys but......

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????:smile:

Nice one gents, sounds that you had a blast. I was at Snetterton that day otherwise I'd definitely join you.

Ben, a member in here a few years back had the exact same issue as you, apparently it was caused by the temps in the engine bay (manifold close to the servo?) and as a result that area needs heat insulation of some sort. I don't say that that was the reason in your case but maybe something to look at going forwards?
That is great info Yiannis. Or maybe not as I’ve probably cooked my servo!!
It is heat insulated but possibly not enough.
Was having to much fun for photos!

Reactions: Yiannis197
Excellent, really pleased that you had so much fun Ben and the car was everything you hoped it would be, post-conversion. A shame about the brake issue - as Shuv pointed out though, to be expected perhaps after giving it the beans all day (one of my primary fears for tracking mine....).

Yeah @Pav I am mega jealous of all the fun you all had and the fact that there were so many people from the forum getting together. I missed out didn't I! Seeing your photos on the main thread had me hankering for coming along to the next one!

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
Ban, glad the day went well. Sorry to hear of the issues, hope it's not too much of a nightmare to sort.

Car was looking VERY quick in the videos!

Reactions: Big Ben
Ban, glad the day went well. Sorry to hear of the issues, hope it's not too much of a nightmare to sort.

Car was looking VERY quick in the videos!
Cheers Mes. My Green flag breakdown cover has been awesome. Car should be getting looked at soon. Hopefully just a hose come off.
Car was going really well mate. Nothing was going past:wink:

Reactions: Pav
Cheers Mes. My Green flag breakdown cover has been awesome. Car should be getting looked at soon. Hopefully just a hose come off.
Car was going really well mate. Nothing was going past:wink:

Saw the bit where you and Pav went past and cleared off in the distance. VERY impressed. Nice to see a pretty much side by side comparison of where it used to be and where it is now! QUICK!

Glad the problem at the end of the day doesn't seem like it's a big one mate.

Excellent, really pleased that you had so much fun Ben and the car was everything you hoped it would be, post-conversion. A shame about the brake issue - as Shuv pointed out though, to be expected perhaps after giving it the beans all day (one of my primary fears for tracking mine....).

Yeah @Pav I am mega jealous of all the fun you all had and the fact that there were so many people from the forum getting together. I missed out didn't I! Seeing your photos on the main thread had me hankering for coming along to the next one!
dont think you have a choice now Jimmy..you have got to be there for the next one..you will love it and parts break,nothing a few quid wouldnt sort out...

Saw the bit where you and Pav went past and cleared off in the distance. VERY impressed. Nice to see a pretty much side by side comparison of where it used to be and where it is now! QUICK!

Glad the problem at the end of the day doesn't seem like it's a big one mate.
thanks Mes and yes..the 2 cars are very quick now..side by side in the straight but Ben was quicker through the bends...

Reactions: Jimmy and Big Ben
Cracking effort that!

The big 40 - remember when my parents hit that!
I vaguely remember when I hit 40! Actually it was great. Treated ourselves to a trip to Toronto & had an amazing birthday meal in the revolving restaurant at the top of the CN tower. Also had an amazing day and a half at Niagara falls. Sorry to hi jack your thread Ben. Happy Birthday!

Reactions: Big Ben and Pav
Cracking effort that!

The big 40 - remember when my parents hit that!
Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse lol
CRACKING Cake that. Love it. ! Looks like it's got a Sprint fitted too. So your Daughter's done her homework. Does appear you've eaten the splitter already though.....

HAPPY RETURNS BEN :smile:
Thanks mate.

Well spotted..!
happy bday mate..you never said anything on Saturday...
That was the whole point of Saturday Pav. The Meg conversion was To Ben From Ben for my 40th:tearsofjoy:
Cracking cake Ben, chucking hints at the step parents for my 21st on Saturday!

Happy Birthday:drunk:
Thanks bud. 21 now that’s a proper birthday!!

Reactions: Benno and Pav