Big Bens non Clio

I Can't believe you've sold this.

New owner has got a bargain, I think you should've added another £1k to the price but at least you got a quick sale.

Hope you find a decent replacement.
The car is staying Mark. Been let down by two “I’m having it. I’m bringing the deposit” people and the amount of messages and shit I’m having to deal with through my regrettable FB sale post has really stressed me out and put me right off selling.

Last edited:
Didn't realise you were selling Ben as I'm not on Twatbook, glad you're keeping it though, such a nice example.

Reactions: Big Ben
In a way, I'm glad! It's a lovely car. Would have been a shame for it to have been sold in parts too. Even if I was eyeing up your coilovers! [emoji23]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: adam thomas
In a way, I'm glad! It's a lovely car. Would have been a shame for it to have been sold in parts too. Even if I was eyeing up your coilovers! [emoji23]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Lucky you ... I was eyeing up the gearbox . 200 diffuser and brakes .... I don't have that sort of money to be spending on car parts [emoji1787][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: lewishunter98
What car tempted you to sell the Clio?
I hadn’t found a replacement yet. Natural choice would’ve been a megane but looking around I’d yet to find anything for the budget I had in mind that had wowed me. Or a RWD car for a different experience.

Didn't realise you were selling Ben as I'm not on Twatbook, glad you're keeping it though, such a nice example.
I’d chatted to the Mrs for couple of days and said i wouldn’t mind a change. She gave green light so I advertised it either whole or with a parts list to break. In hindsight I didn’t fully appreciate the can of worms I was opening. I like to reply to everyone whether item is sold or not. Was just too much. My fault. Should of known better

Reactions: Sean197
I’d chatted to the Mrs for couple of days and said i wouldn’t mind a change. She gave green light so I advertised it either whole or with a parts list to break. In hindsight I didn’t fully appreciate the can of worms I was opening. I like to reply to everyone whether item is sold or not. Was just too much. My fault. Should of known better

I saw the post and the constant "I'll have xxx when you break" replies was massively disheartening. Glad you decided to keep it though, I'd be upset if I never got to a track to watch this fly past me on every other lap :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Big Ben and Beany
Finally got round to replacing my cracked and manky rear view mirror after being inspired by @Addison and his attempt. Was not straightforward as the new retaining clips were stiff and required a bit of persuading! No broken windscreen so all’s well that ends well. Obligatory pic
989468D5-E12D-42E2-A5AC-0251D5170D2B.jpeg

Last edited:
Even better. Looking forward to seeing you shoot off into the distance, whilst us NA boys are squabbling over who can get the best exit out onto the straight :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Big Ben
Even better. Looking forward to seeing you shoot off into the distance, whilst us NA boys are squabbling over who can get the best exit out onto the straight :tearsofjoy:
Looking forward to joining the Clio “snake”!
There’s not much difference between mine and Beany’s cars at a tight circuit like Cadwell. Comes down to the driver in the end

Reactions: Joec1996 and Beany