Big Bens non Clio

Bedford 25/02/23
Spent the whole night before feeling ill and resigned to the fact I wasn’t going but 06:00 turned up and well seemed a shame to waste it so I dragged myself off to Bedford.
Drizzle on the way over didn’t bode well but was drier at the venue and a strong breeze albeit a cold one meant that track was pretty much dry by kick off. First couple of stints were spent sorting tyre pressures on the MRF/AR1’s lots of grip so was time to get cracking. Gripper diff was immense. First time at Bedford since fitted and was a big upgrade. Getting the hang of using it to its potential now. Dipped under 2:50 for the first time according to Harry’s but then got black flagged.
Popped the sound mic which is a first but working to the pic the kind Marshall showed me i managed to avoid it for the rest of the day thankfully!8C32FBCF-F31E-4443-9905-FACEC58DB788.pngCar was very well behaved all day. Water temps were down. I had put in some water wetter which might of helped or low ambient temps I’m not sure but considering Bedford is 4.2miles of hard throttle to not see over 100° was very good!51A1DE3F-8628-4F15-8F4C-6BF0751D8604.jpeg
Rear discs and pads to go on in a couple of weeks along with a service. Think I'm also going to fit a 200 steering rack as its slightly quicker than my 197 one which I believe is one of the very few parts on my old girl that's never been replaced or upgraded! Then onto Cadwell with a few forum guys on the 18th March. Can't wait

Last edited:
Who was the TDO?

I have been to a MSV day this year where they said there were operating a 2 strike policy before they would tell you to leave for noise. They described it as a yellow card, and that two yellow cards equalled a red card, if you got a red card you would be sent home and could be banned from other MSV days or MSV operated circuits.

Who was the TDO?

I have been to a MSV day this year where they said there were operating a 2 strike policy before they would tell you to leave for noise. They described it as a yellow card, and that two yellow cards equalled a red card, if you got a red card you would be sent home and could be banned from other MSV days or MSV operated circuits.
I think that is deliberate scare stuff. Bedford always used to be 87.5dB drive by. It was council monitored and strictly enforced on the rule that if you tripped it, that was the day done. Lots of reasons for this, but mainly Palmer corporate days are highly profitable and some silly person with a straight through exhaust was not going to endanger that business. I suspect they have either reinterpreted the council requirement or have a new agreement that allows one chance, rather than none. As for being banned from other MSV events, it would be a bit silly since they all have higher noise thresholds and you shrink your customer base.

Who was the TDO?

The TDO was MSV. My interpretation of the yellow/red card system wasn’t for noise it was for knobheads driving like err knobheads. All cards are logged on their system and accumulative cards result in a small ban from all tracks rising to a lifetime ban based on how many.

Reactions: M154MATT and Beany
The TDO was MSV. My interpretation of the yellow/red card system wasn’t for noise it was for knobheads driving like err knobheads. All cards are logged on their system and accumulative cards result in a small ban from all tracks rising to a lifetime ban based on how many.
That sounds more sensible.

Trip to AWMotorworks for a few bits today.
Newish 200 subframe and steering rack. Purple powerflex bushes as before. Was nothing wrong with mine(will be for sale) just fancied a change after this one popped it’s head up locally.
376DB903-F11D-41CA-81A8-B6F26FC8DDF5.jpegRear discs and pads. Went with original discs which now seem to come with a decent black coating finally which will hopefully stop corroding! DS2500 pads as I’m pretty sure whatever you put in there they don’t do bloody much.177654EE-1CFF-4FE1-9D08-DF8AC90EEC02.jpegAlso changed out the stud and nut kit all round as that was starting to look a little ropey aesthetically. New Millers oil and filter and a geo tweak and she’s in rude health