Big Bens non Clio

Saw someone on FB selling a slot at Snetterton tomorrow(9th). Managed getting it for a decent discount so alls good. Bit of a mad rush after work to get everything sorted. Car won’t get washed as I’m too knackered but she’s not that mucky so will have to do. Dry day forecast so slicks are going on. Be lucky to get a full day out of them looking at them earlier. Bit of rotation and swapping about should hopefully suffice. Will bore you all with photos and maybe some video(if I can get the bastard thing to play nicely) later in week.
E1B7E1EE-651D-4ECB-8D8A-5A1CF8F152B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Snetterton 09.09
Dry and warm pretty much perfect. Rear was stepping out a bit on the slicks first couple of stints so had to soften damping and adjust pressures to really find the sweet spot. After that was all just damn good fun.
Car never missed a beat and actually looks alright I think in the photos for a change!
No real plans or mods going forward. Really enjoying how she is as a whole. Just maintenance and hopefully couple more TD’s before winter sets in.
TFL
E3A22657-7EDB-4416-A461-268438176B2D.jpegD5E4B189-C827-46D5-8808-E0882521CEC6.jpegE4701EE1-B42D-49DE-A824-03764583EC9E.jpeg7BAA3286-F466-4B1D-A576-77F219A53B92.jpeg

Snetterton 09.09
Dry and warm pretty much perfect. Rear was stepping out a bit on the slicks first couple of stints so had to soften damping and adjust pressures to really find the sweet spot. After that was all just damn good fun.
Car never missed a beat and actually looks alright I think in the photos for a change!
No real plans or mods going forward. Really enjoying how she is as a whole. Just maintenance and hopefully couple more TD’s before winter sets in.
TFL
View attachment 141865View attachment 141866View attachment 141867View attachment 141868

Looks great Ben! Come a very long way since you were thinking of selling.

Hope mine will be as reliable as yours.

Looks great Ben! Come a very long way since you were thinking of selling.

Hope mine will be as reliable as yours.
Cheers Mark. Glad I stuck with her.

Fingers crossed on yours. No reason it shouldn’t be mate

I'd love to catch you the next time that you're at a track on the continent.

Would be great to put the car's side by side as we've gone similar, yet different directions.

Be curious how much longer the legs are on yours with the forged lump and more power.

Reactions: Big Ben
Mrs treated me to a new reg for my birthday. Was a bit bored of the 06 plate on mine and this vaguely(!) looks like my surname and weren’t expensive so on they will go.
Donington trackday this Saturday. Hopefully on new wheels and AR1’s depending on Covid deliveries. Cutting it a bit fine but should be ok.
will report back next week after trackday
D9AC9332-F074-4A6E-B148-88B95FDCA1AB.jpeg

Mrs treated me to a new reg for my birthday. Was a bit bored of the 06 plate on mine and this vaguely(!) looks like my surname and weren’t expensive so on they will go.
Donington trackday this Saturday. Hopefully on new wheels and AR1’s depending on Covid deliveries. Cutting it a bit fine but should be ok.
will report back next week after trackday
View attachment 142482

Got one for mine too, think I'm spending on the wrong things at the moment! Need to yank the engine out!20200807_133210.jpg

Snetterton 09.09
TFL
View attachment 141865View attachment 141866View attachment 141867View attachment 141868
Loving the look of your car! Just whacked a Akra on mine maaaaaaan
0aa5503c060696c47d44ad4e8ecd92ba.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Haha they're track wheels, i'll let you off haha, I do like those Sparcos a lot tbh! I really want to try some AR1s, as i've never tried them.
Can't wait to hear how they compare to the DZ03Gs.

Haha they're track wheels, i'll let you off haha, I do like those Sparcos a lot tbh! I really want to try some AR1s, as i've never tried them.
Can't wait to hear how they compare to the DZ03Gs.
You should Suraj, harder compound than the dz03g but they’re great

Reactions: suj