Bewildering comments

MikeH

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wonderful remarks/comments from my ex wife and a cracker from a mate at work:

Ex wife: How come you can see the great wall of china from space, its not that tall is it?

Mates wife gave him a rollicking for forgetting their wedding anniversary....
This was 2 weeks before the anniversary and no she hadnt got the date wrong!!

Whilst watching a day/nite cricket match the ex returned from work and decided to get involved.
At the time when the ball went for a 4 or 6 the fans would hold the cards up as they do. Now for this particular match the cards were in the shape of teapots. She then asked 'why are they holding up teapots?' to which I replied 'well guess whos playing' , response 'TETLEY',

Yes the well known county of tetley, i suppose she could have said pg tips....

Anybody else got bizarre speaking current or ex partners??

Not a partner but, we went to the 3-nations rugby a few years ago and one of my (drunk) friends was repeatedly cheering for Gillette any time any points were scored. At the end of the match in the bar he proclaimed that Gillette was 'by far the best man in the match and he had no idea why the other player was awarded it.' Only at this point did we reveal to him that 'Gillette' was the shaving company and they were sponsoring the tournament!

I think everyone has tbh mate.

Mine once saw a car with a massive KENWOOD sticker in the rear window and piped up saying,

"I didn't know Kenwood made cars"! I lol'd obviously! This was a few years ago now mind, she is much more educated now on the whole car situation. Thanks to me! Lol!

My missus after being told mobiles work using satelites asked

"so mobile phones have satelites in them?"

at which point i started laughing and she then said

"wait, no obviously not normal ones but just satelite phones, they definately do don't they?"