Best way of transporting an engine

Stephenvenning

Gold Member
Many of you know that i recently had an impulse buy of a meg engine and turbo. Im going down there to pick it up on friday. Im going to hire a caddy van and folding engine crane to get it in the back of the van. Just wondering if any of you have ever transported an engine before and any helpful advice would be useful.

okay cheers, ill get a pallet from work on tuesday. Im presuming the pallet was to keep it secured while in the back of the van?

Make sure you drain the engine of any oil in case it tips, plus it's a good way of inspecting the the internals too, and metallic in the oil etc, also take the oil cap off and check the cams for any scoring to see if it's been run low on oil etc. before handing over the cash.

use a crate and 1-2 ratchet straps and 1-2 blocks of wood for support, should be fine then

i wouldnt drain the engine of anything, if it has all the caps etc.. then the engine wont leak at all. all i did was put it on a pallet, strap it down, bobs your uncle and fanny's your aunt

[MENTION=50319]Stephenvenning[/MENTION] lifting points:
734340_631439793549613_252638868_n.jpg

you got an engine crane?