Best re-map?

Possibly found a way of keeping the clio, and if I do considering getting it mapped.

What/who is recommended?

What sort of money should i expect to pay and what sort of gains am I likely to see?

Anyone thats had it done, is it worth the money??

Ive had it done and is well worth it. Alot more driveable! No flat spots etc now. Top end is also improved as is cold start.

Tour de force was where i went, they are awesome. Just outside of Peterborough.

Ive never had a car mapped before, so its all a bit new/exciting. Dont really want it to be a let down lol.

How much did you pay Dan if you dont mind me asking? And what power gain did you get?

Had mine done at TDF too, don't expect much in the way of power/torque gains, maybe 5bhp and 5lb/ft. The real difference is the smooth power delivery and more mid range torque. Rev limit is also raised about 150rpm.

Biggest difference for me was cold start performance, the kangarooing is nothing like as bad now

AmD did mine with the cams. Custom rolling road map and cost me £400.

Expensive but highly recommend.

generally how long is the car on rollers for a remap.

- only talking about car with basic mods i.e maybe panal filter, cat back exhauset.... NOT cams

Mine probably spent about half an hour on the rollers. They just upload a 'standard' remap and then tweak it so it's not like programming something from scratch.

Yeh, tis true, matt at Tdf said he has literally done so many 197/182 maps that he has really got to know how the engine responds to his tweaks and this has allowed him to create a really good base to go by!

^ you're so right about experience with engines making the map better. I know a guy who remaps Nissan 200sx's and a year or so after he released his stage 1/2 remaps he released a revision which released a whole load more power, just from learning more about how the engine responds.

Rich

anyone had any experiences with superchips bluefin?

they seem very popular with the golf gti drivers especially but never hear much about them on RS's

Bluefin is a non custom remap at the price of a custom remap. They're convenient but you can do better for the money

Bluefin is a non custom remap at the price of a custom remap. They're convenient but you can do better for the money

in terms of map yea but your paying for the bluefin device and unlike a direct ECU map you actually have a physical copy of your map that can be updated or restored / removed if needed.

Personally id spend the money on a custom map.

Ermm mines done 2k on rollers lmao. Remaps normally just compliment a new mod made ie an exhaust it will get rid of the flat spot or some mods like cams its essential it gets mapped for the correct timing. i wouldnt map a standard car on the grounds that the renault map is so accurate and for on average + 10 peak torque and + 5 peak hp 300 - 400 quid is alot of dosh. Obviously just my opinion mate :wink: