Best Insurer

Ahh yes, I bet there is quite a bit of illegal "Fronting" going on too come to think of it. About 98% of people on Saxperience have their parents as the main drivers and them as named, not only is that illegal, if you crashed, the insurance company probably wouldn't pay out.

You are completely spot on there mike, however I have found that putting the GF and my Uncle on as named drivers and me as main still brought the policy down by £200 so I would recommend doing it that way - nothing illegal and if they ever need to drive it then they are covered (not that they will ever get chance haha!)

Im 22, driving 5 years, 2 years no claims, named drivers as above - £818 with Admiral.

my renewal is up in 2 weeks and i was with direct line but they want about £250 more this year and nothing has changed! Elephant and Admiral have both given me the cheapest quote cos its the same, its about £1100 and im 22 with 2 yrs NCB and 3 points for speeding lol

I have been insured with D/L all my driving life and they nearly doubled my quote this year.:eek:
Turns out their underwriting has changed (probably RBS trying to turn another profit this year)
Anyway with Admiral as of October, cheap quote and all the boxes ticked.
FTR, I worked insurance claims for 2 years and know that Tesco, Churchill, Direct Line and Privilege are all the same group and have similiar underwriting prinicipals.

No lies on mine, Main driver is me, girlfriend is on which made it £50 cheaper even though she's 22 with no no claims.
I don't do much mileage as i'm about 4 miles from work, secure car park during the day, off street parking over night. I live in the centre of Aberdeen too, so not exactly the middle of nowhere :wink:
Must have just been feeling generous when i got my quote!

Churchill is my insurer. Were about £120 cheaper than the next cheapest. I'm 21, have 4 years NCB and no points and paid £870 this year. Putting my parents and fiance on as named drivers brought the price down by quite a bit, but it doesn't always work. I think insurers must look at the records they have for particular areas. If they have had other customers claim in that area in the past, the price goes up! That's my theory anyway, because the quotes just aren't consistant from one person to the next.

I am 21, 4 years no claims, 6 points (3 speeding, 3 crossing) I know not clever.
Insured with Adrian Flux this year for £1040. Which i didnt think was too bad considering i have 6 points.
That with all the boxes ticked as well and 0 voluntery excess.

Yeah thought that was quite good. Tbh flux have proper sorted me out. This is my third year with them and no-one has come close to their prices. And they are great for mods.
My exhaust made no difference.
Yeah I will be down to 3 in November. But you still have to declare them for 2 more years. 5 in total :-(

I've just got a quote from Adrian Flux and I was left thinking what a joke, they come out £3.5k!!! I've had £1900 from Admiral and was expecting them to at least save me a couple of hundred quid!

Allot of different factors can effect a quote such as.

Fronting
Post Code
10 months or 12 months cover
Insurance group (has been raised from 1-20 to 1-50)
Named drivers on the police
Have you claimed
illegal trade insurance (car should be registered to the company)

And so on, I live on the outskirts of town in a quite neighbourhood but my insurance is £50 cheaper when I put my sisters address who lives just of the A30.

is anybody here with a broker? I looked at quite a few when I got the 197 about 10months ago and to be honest some of the prices were MUCH cheaper than your usual admiral/bell/elephant etc. Only problem I had was that I was 22 and the GF was 19 and getting her as a named driver proved to be a nightmare! Mine should have been about £800 from a broker but ended up paying over £1k so she could be on there too :worried:

Ill be trying them again in a month or so when im up for renewal

Again i'm with Adrian Flux...on my second year with them now and can't fault them.

Started policy at 22 with 1 year no claims & no points...£850 and all the add ons with £250 excess.

This year 23 with 2 years no claims & no points...£620 again all the add ons with £250 excess.

Declared: Panel Filter, ICE, Gloss Black Alloys, K-Tec Pro Exhaust, and KW V1's all at no extra cost!

Only thing that costs more is a Remap...but wasnt much IIRC.

Can't wait till next year :smiley:

lol i wonder what the excess is on some of these CHEAP quotes you lot are getting

dont forget under 25 you have a 250 excess straight away

googd god, i have read how much everyone pays to insure their cars and im gob smacked!

one of the main reasons i were looking at 197s was because fully comp with protected no claims my insurance was £760 a year.

I'm with NFU Mutual, mainly thanks to a friend working for them. As it turns out, they are absolutely fantastic.

They have local offices across the country, which means you can actually talk to someone (in the UK!) who knows what they are talking about, and then ring the same person back on, wait for it, a proper phone number, which isn't a 0845 number!

They are Defaqto 5 star, and have been voted the best car insurer for 5 years on the trot by Auto Express. Praise indeed.

NFU Mutual

Thats unusual! My 200 has been quoted with them, and will be insured with them when I get it in 2 weeks. I am 26 though...

Ring them to see if they will quote you.