best everyday exhaust?

hey

sorry if this is a little vague as peoples opinions are different and sorry if its been covered in the exhaust thread but would people say is the best everyday exhaust to have in terms of noise and sounding nice but not waking up all the neighbours? would love an akrapovic but are expensive and a bit loud i think, very undecided. on my old 197 i had a decat milltek which was great but droned a bit and a little loud pulling up at 2am. haha

thanks

Any resonated aftermarket exhaust should be fine for everyday use plus still sound better than the standard exhaust

I've found the resonated Milltek with OEM cat sounds nice when in higher revs , but subtle if you're just regular driving. Build quality is good but I know some on here have had issues.

Another vote for the resonated Milltek, it's not the cheapest but the build quality is great and sounds just right. It's a bit of a fettle to get it to sit right but that's more down to how good a condition your mounts are in and who fits it than anything else. Most exhausts need a bit of a fettle to get them to sit just right, it's an art!

The sound is not too in your face when pottering about, but gives off a few cheeky pops on the gear change to let you know it's there. Give it some beans and it sounds great above 5krpm.

On another note if your worried about noise, why not do what a lot of people do and have the silencer cut out of the standard exhaust system? A lot cheaper than a cat back and is meant to sound nice. Not heard one in person myself but there are plenty of videos on YouTube.

I just put a milltek cat back resonated exhaust on my 197 I bought from a member on here 2 weeks ago bud and have to say it sounds perfect for what I want ( not too loud when driving normal and a nice sound when giving it some beans ) glad I bought it as I was worried about it being to loud.

well i had a milltek on my 197, although it had a decat and a crackle map. think i may try the scorpion this time round, but the akrapovic is too awesome! hahaha

I have Akrapovic Evolution full system in my Clio 200 and i have really mixed feelings. In high rpm it sounds good, but maybe too loud. When i drive slowly for example in city and want to just little acceleration and push pedal it makes too much sound. I have stock exhaust in my garage, strong feelings that i will revert back to original. In my opinion when i had clio 197 before, standard system was just perfect for daily driving. Maybe i am too old for aftermarket exhausts.. Akrapovic was bought & installed by previous owner who sold car 2 months after he installed that exhaust.

So it is basically brand new. Problem that it is next to impossible sell here in Finland because we have only 2 RS 200 clios in my country.
Car resale value maybe will be better with that akrapovic exhaust, so i have difficult decision front of me.

My vote goes for standard exhaust :hug:
you dont have to worry about flat spot problems..

Last edited:
I've considered buying a resonated system several times over the last few months, after reading lots of reviews and research it seems a good option for me as I do quite a bit of motorway driving and I don't think I could cope with non-resonated.
My question is, is it really £450 difference over the standard system ?

I've considered buying a resonated system several times over the last few months, after reading lots of reviews and research it seems a good option for me as I do quite a bit of motorway driving and I don't think I could cope with non-resonated.
My question is, is it really £450 difference over the standard system ?

Been having similar thoughts, however i will wait until my hand is forced (current exhaust dies).