Beeping 200

iAndy

Platinum Member
Anyone no what am doing wrong.... sometimes when I get in the car it beeps 4 times.... Unlocks, starts and drives fine but every now and then it beeps 4 times, any idea's?

:swear:

It's when the alarm has gone off since you were last in the car.

It also happens when you open the door too fast (apparently).

I believe the former, personally, as that's what Renault told me.

Yeah mines keyless too, will have to give the dealer a ring tomorrow, its only thing thats annoying me at the moment, well that and the lack of spoiler but thanks to "ASK Karl" & the sprayshack that will be fixed friday :smile:

It's when the alarm has gone off since you were last in the car.

It also happens when you open the door too fast (apparently).

I believe the former, personally, as that's what Renault told me.

Not heard the car alarm go off and its parked right outside my window most of the time, will play the CCTV back cause it beeped about a minute ago and I had only been in house 10 mins :s

The alarms are really quiet. When they told me that was my exact reaction lol.

"I've never heard my alarm go off!"...

Then one day, at a car meet, all the loud exhausts kept setting it off. And sure as hell, it beeped every time I opened it. :-p

If you have keyless its because you are just pulling the handle to get in, pop your hand behind the handle, it will unlock and then pull.

Adam at Wakefield sorted this one out for me as I thought there was something wrong with the car.

As mentioned above it does it when the alarm has been going off, mine is going in to Renault on Tuesday to have the bonnet plunger replaced as I think thats the faulty part as I disabled the interior sensors. I dont hear mine going off if im asleep but if im awake I can hear it very faintly lol and its parked right outside my house

Mine went off as I was wiping it down the other day, took me 2 minutes before I realised the noise was actually coming from the car !!!! Its pretty useless on sound :worried:

In my MR2, the mounting point of the alarm was under the spare wheel, in a compartment, under the bonnet. There was a common mod where you relocate it so it's just under the bonnet. It went from being faintly audible to making you feel sick if you were near the car. Does anyone know where it's located on the Clio?

In my MR2, the mounting point of the alarm was under the spare wheel, in a compartment, under the bonnet. There was a common mod where you relocate it so it's just under the bonnet. It went from being faintly audible to making you feel sick if you were near the car. Does anyone know where it's located on the Clio?

Mk3, right? Are you on MR2ROC? :smile:

yes....but not going to post it up for all to know....car thiefs can read i believe :foxspeed:

and the idea of it not being accesable under the bonnet is so theives dont pop the bonnet and cut the sounder off.

Alarms are really just a deterrent for your casual thief I'd say, if someone wants your car nowadays they know they need your keys so its either a break in job or car jack. :worried:

Alarms are really just a deterrent for your casual thief I'd say, if someone wants your car nowadays they know they need your keys so its either a break in job or car jack. :worried:

Exactly, thats why sometimes its cheaper to insure your car if its parked on the road instead of your drive.

Its easier to break into someones house these days than it is to break into a car.

and the idea of it not being accesable under the bonnet is so theives dont pop the bonnet and cut the sounder off.

Well if no-one can hear the alarm then it's surely pretty pointless it being there? I'd rather the thief taking the time to cut it out and give someone a chance to see him and hear the alarm going off than breaking into my car outside the house whilst I can't hear the alarm going off!