Been to the dealer for Check injector / check ESP etc.

I'm sure someone was asking about this the other day but I can't find the post.

So I was driving along - changed from 2nd to 3rd pretty high up the rev range and then it died - went into limp home mode and displayed Check injector / ESP and maybe another one (too busy trying to avoid being rammed from behind (oor er) because of lack of power).

pulled over stopped and started and all was ok again, (It felt like it had loads more power though - wierd! but mentioned before by others)

took it into the dealers who diagnosed a faulty throttle body. Took it back a week later - (at which point they realised they hadn't got the part yet and didn't think they should call me to let me know - Typical Renault):@!

So another week I asked them to collect it from me - they replaced the throttle body and WOW - soo much smoother now - it used to kangaroo when cold but now its much better - still feels like it wants to but doesn't!

moral of the story - if you get the symptoms above - take it in before the warranty runs out - i'm guessing a new throttle body aint cheap.
:w00t:

i had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago !!! luckily i had my fault code reader to hand and lucily had a spare TB i had bought ages ago to replace it 8)

i had that problem. It was me who posted. Dealer told me they can only diagnose it if the fault is still on going which it isnt. They told me the fault code gets wiped when ignition gets turned off :worried:

Lol - I would say that is a crock of crap tbh. Whats the point of fault codes if they wipe every time you turn the ignition off! Classic renault tho! I'm 99.99% sure that the codes are stored until they plug it in and wipe it!

Get it back in to the dealers.

i had that problem. It was me who posted. Dealer told me they can only diagnose it if the fault is still on going which it isnt. They told me the fault code gets wiped when ignition gets turned off :worried:

total fantasy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so they are saying renault are in breach of euro odb2 regs - tell em to go jump off bridge.....muppets !

total fantasy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so they are saying renault are in breach of euro odb2 regs - tell em to go jump off bridge.....muppets !

lol... but essentially couldnt agree more.

The OBDII system logs error codes until they are reset.

lol... but essentially couldnt agree more.

The OBDII system logs error codes until they are reset.

not only that but i think the dealers have the ability to capture live data

there are some faults that dont leave a fault code but there aint many of em !

Bollox!

I took my car in for some routine work last year, and as their business standards and customer service rules suggested, they put it on the diagnosis machine just to check it.

There was a fault code in there (unconnected to my problem) that needed removing.

Goodness knows how long it was there for.

They have done you like a kipper there mate.

like everyone has said, the faults get logged, even if the light go off. my 172 had a starting problem, took it to renault, they said they couldnt find a "problem at the time" as it was working ok but said the diagnostics logged a key code fault code, which could of been either a faulty key or key reader, it was stupid money for either, so they advised me to use my spare key, so i did and never had the problem again. seems them trying to get out of warranty work to me.

yeah mine did same after I booted it from a set of lights, again the light went off after i stopped and started . . . . . and yes the car seemed to be more quirky when the light was on. dont know whether I should take it into reno with my remap and all they will prob wipe it clean . . ..

do you think reno will find out my ecu has been mapped if i take it in?

will reno be able to tell my cars been remapped? i have decat and it was showing check emissions and that suddenly dissapeared after about 10 restarts

some ecu's wipe error codes aftter a certain amount of starts. I dont know if the clio's do it though

clio doesnt - and as for other wiping codes they dont as such they only store an amount of codes and when the memory is full the longest stored code fault is "dropped off" the memory

will reno be able to tell my cars been remapped? i have decat and it was showing check emissions and that suddenly dissapeared after about 10 restarts

if they look deep enough and know what they are looking for then yes - but would delaers do this............i dont think so !

will they re-set the ECU if i take it in for a routine service?

what can happen is that if an update to the ecu software is issued it will be flashed the ecu and this will over write any map - say for instance cold start re-map to stop it kangeroo-ing

some manufacturers it is standard practice to have it on the diagnostic machine for any updates etc - but i dont think renault do it as a matter of routine

do you think reno will find out my ecu has been mapped if i take it in?

Not sure with Renault, but i know for a fact on my last car (and this applies to anything the uses a Bosch ME series ECU)

The map on the ECU was "coded" to the VIN of the car and had some form of checksum to keep it all in line.

So when it was hooked to their system (by default at a service) the system would check the map serial number against the VIN and any potential updates etc...

If the "remap" was on there it was possible that the system would pick it out and then Volvo would have "words" :smiley:

But... the guy who did it was a clever chappy (and ex-TWR) and he used to clone the cars original map so it retained the serial number and then alter that to a more performance shaped map, so 9/10 Volvo would have never known... unless the version numbers were wrong and the system updated it... blah blah...

Slightly off topic, sorry. Not 100% how Renault go about these things yet 8)

Similar Thread Suggestions