Been a whlie

I'm not strictly a new member, but its been a long time since I've been on the site. Things just got away with life and stuff and my regular visits to the site became few and far between.

Anyway, I've had a few Clio's now, from a 182 Trophy, GW 197 Cup to a Storm Grey 200...then I took on a Megane 250 with cup pack and loads of other stuff for the last 3 1/2 years.....on Tuesday, I placed an order for a new Clio 220 Trophy with AKS in Yeovil, so I am rather excited (and so I thought I would have a look back on this site).....delivery is estimated to be 21st October (an age away), but as soon as it is delivered I will put some picks up!

Cheers for now

Slime

...I have gone for Glacier White. The Frost White (with the black roof) is a £1300 option and I'm not sure I would be able to live with a matt paint....I have also left the leather seats out as they are £1600!! So in terms of spec, it is GW with RS Monitor and TomTom Europen Maps upgrade...so fairly low on options, but TBH its full of improved kit as standard...when it is delivered I may well consider a 'carbon' vinyl wrap on the roof and spoiler (I have a friend who does this sort of thing)...

Chris91...how is life with the 200 turbo....I drove a standard 200t before ordering the Trophy and was very impressed....a previous test drive with SJ Cook in Bristol was confined to a trip up the M32 and I wasn't allowed to go into Sport Mode so didn't get a proper feel for the car. Steve Studley at AKS did let me take it to the limits (including Race Mode) and I can only assume that what is brilliant now will be just awesome with the improve gear box software and even lower suspension...

Its great mate. Not let you go in sports mode? How ridiculous, as its pretty average when its not in sports or race.

I love the car, can just pootle to work in auto and stick it in manual race on the country roads its great fun! Yeah I have the leathers in mine, not a common extra because of the price but they are comfy! Personally dont have an issue with the gearbox, in normal mode its still faster than you could change in manual and in race its instant changes, as you'd have found it. I might have to test drive a trophy too see the difference!

Im putting coilovers on mine, so the height wont be an issue for me :tongueout:

Welcome.

Be interested to hear some owners opinions when deliveries of the 220 trophy start to appear. Looking to try one myself for size (so to speak).

I still enjoy my 200t. Except for a few niggles. Slight pause in normal auto when pulling out into traffic (throttle map not aggressive enough in my opinion). And sport mode in auto is not that well set-up / calibrated in my personal opinion (address in the Trophy I believe). But as Chris91 says, it's a decent enough drive. Especially in manual/sport mode. Can cover ground at a good rate and handles pretty tidy.

Lets hope Renault are a bit better at estimated delivery dates these days. Had a new car on order myself originally and gave up at 4 months when they bumped it back yet another couple of months! Went 2nd hand in the end.

Welcome back to the forum :smile: you have a nice list of previous RSs there! Hope you enjoy the Trophy, it will be good to hear your opinions on it.

...cheers everyone....I can't wait to let you know how it drives and maybe join in a few meets. I hope that the delivery doesn't drop back MikeO.....October is too long s it is. Ive had new Clio's so far and all have been on time. However the 200 was delivered without the leather I spec'd....i think AKS have a good reputation though

Fingers crossed re-delivery.

While some folks got their cars on time, others like me ended up waiting ages. There did not appear any rhyme or reason to it and both dealers and RUK were not very helpful. Not their fault really, as it's up to the factory in France to supply them. Only option spec'd on mine, was metallic red.

I'm sure Renault will be better at it this time round.

Ive heard in the past that an order placed in April or May will fall into the French Factory holiday closure so delay is inevitable. I have also heard that Renault, being state owned is a bit like Britain in the 1970's and cars get lost in the line.....ive even heard stories about people finding fagends stuffed into filter boxes and flow pipes! But, they build superb hot hatches and are great value for money so despite the issues I keep going back and enjoy the cars......

Similar Thread Suggestions