Beanys RB 200 cup

Nothing like leaving a job till the week before a track day. Least you’ve sorted most of it now rather than having to do it on a track day.
You ran the RC6’s previously?
Yeah ran them previously and love them.
A weeks much better notice, last time it was the night before when the rear calliper seized

Have you got your calliper pins yet? If not let me know and I will find a set of used ones and chuck them in the toolbox and bring them to Cadwell with us.

Reactions: Beany
Cont…

After some brief panic the Mr Pink pins finally came today, a job I wanted to finish tonight so once back from work I set out to put this saga to bed.

When I was trying to push the pistons back and head in the wheel arch I was focussed on a drip from the engine bay, trying to fathom what was craic as this drip had turned into a puddle. Turns out brake fluid was slightly overfilled so been pushed out the cap, handy calpol syringe I managed to use to draw out some excess fluid and progress.

Some meat on the pads as they just about squeezed in.

Wheels back on tomorow and a fresh clean for Monday

IMG_7053.jpeg

IMG_7048.jpeg

IMG_7054.jpeg

Cadwell Park 08.04.24

Abit slow on the progress thread but here we go!
First trackday of the year and the first with the Gripper in and wow, transformation. Been certainly a learning curve with getting used to how the car now handles the corners and the ability to give it throttle in the corners and the car just pulls in, this was most noticeable through Mansfield as the car just pulls round where before it suffered with bad understeer and not able to get on the power as quickly.

Can ran faultlessly all day and had so much more to give, the RC6 were on point and often I kept overbraking in certain sections as not used to the brakes coming on so strong,

was good to see so many other clios there and as Iain previously posted think it was the first time the 'Sister' Supreme Cars have been on track together, hopefully not the last.

Had a good stint with @burrellbloke with me as the 'Mouse' in the afternoon, i don't normally like being the lead car being chased.

Onto the next one.