Bad day at the office!

Well after endless nights of repairs and getting it ready for one last sunny dry trackday of the year at Elvington and I only managed 8 laps :'(

20223_10152321403710226_1810893406_n.jpg

After about 6 warm up laps catch up to back of 2 172's and a 206 who don't like to move over so on the long straight get a nice toe from the back a 172 as I pull out to overtake then boom bonnet smashed into windscreen and im in a field!
Looks like it's just bonnet and windscreen damage.

OUCH!! Bet that went with a bang.

Hope thats all the damage then fella.

Shiiiiit!!! :worried:

Hope you're ok Mattie, I imagine you dirtied your pants a bit after that. Mechanical fault or just human error on the bonnet not being closed?

Ouch mate, but your ok and its only metal and glass and not bones..

Hope you get it sorted soon, ideal time to get a carbon bonnet. :wink:

Wow, better than i thaught though ????, at first look at the pic i thaught you had rolled it.lol

Let me no if you need any help

rick

Looked like human error, was on bonnet pins aswell!!
Not sure why tho! But was very windy and im guessing from coming behind the 172 into clean air there was a rush of air maybe.
it was pretty scary just going out of 4th into 5th so 100mphish?! I think it is. I just slammed on and turned away from the track, stopped 5 yards away from a hill of bricks and mud so that was lucky!
Me and my brother where sound just covered in glass.

C/F bonnet will be its replacement :wink:

Cheers aswell guys :smile:

What a sh!tter mate, nearly had this happen to me at how fast. I'm sure I closed my bonnet properly but it somehow ended up on safety catches, MikeLYr27 had to flash me to pull in to pits. I still owe him a beer for that actually :smiley:...

Mattie, how much was elvington?

and how did they make a track out of it?

glad your ok.

Cheers Giles :smile:

Mattie, how much was elvington?

and how did they make a track out of it?

glad your ok.

Was £94 that's was with driver and passenger

Main straight was on the runway and the rest was marked off with cones on the taxiways.
I thought it was going to be pretty rubbish laid out with the cones but it was a nice laid out circuit and was pretty clear where the track was.
Was just starting to enjoy it

Cheers bud

What was the surface like?

I seem to recall its not too good and can trash tyres quickly.

Majority was the airfield like square concrete then the runway was tarmac

Didn't have chance to kill the tyres lol

Cheers again, I know in the supercar days they don't let you loose with them due to the surface (except the straight) and they can't land anything except light aircraft due to the surface and not been able to afford to fix it.

Might do one. Next year if I can't get time off for the proper ones.

Hope you get the car sorted soon.