Back in a 197 :)

Well...a short time ago as some of you know, I unfortunately crashed my beloved albi 197. Well luckily, the insurance company paid out the full amount what I paid for the car and I was able to find another albi very similar to my old one but with less miles, electric mirrors which is a nice addition and probably most importantly, belts done!!

I'm very happy to be driving again and to be in another 197 is even better. I did look around at other cars - Focus ST's being one of them but just nothing seemed to do it for me and all I could think about was being back in a 197!

I really like it as it has a few subtle mods as well - dropped on H&R Springs, 'CLIO' de badged and wind deflectors.

Few minor jobs to do:

• Sort steering wheel out as it is peeling quite badly (worse than my old one!) - probably get a re-trim or a new wheel

• Steering Wheel Insert (Any going cheap?)

• Get few stone chips touched-up

• Refurb a couple of the wheels

Then when money allows, I might look into getting a KTR induction and a Milltek which I had planned for my old one but never had chance to do!

Here is a few pictures of my new baby that the previous owner gave me:

IMG-20130516-WA0005_zpscb8a7fd2.jpg
IMG-20130516-WA0002_zpsb7877b80.jpg
IMG-20130516-WA0001_zps5c224f24.jpg

Glad to be back!!! :thumbup:

P.S. It turns out that I may be buying my old car back to break and make a bit of money back - let the vultures circle...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah, Albi's my fav - I did look at Ultra Red as that's probably my second fav but Albi was the best in my eyes the first time around and turned out that nothing had changed when I was looking for a replacement!

@James - if your referring to recaros then no :tongueout: had cabasse radio, xenon projector's with cornering lights, anthr wheels - wasn't too high spec.

Similar Thread Suggestions