Auxiliary belt tensioner

roblee8g

Paid Member
With the genuine auxiliary belt kits being out of stock at the moment, what is the recommendation for the best aftermarket brand of tensioner?

Have you had a look at the Motrio ones? I know they come with the cambelt kit from RPD. Worth asking them if you can get them separately?

Have you had a look at the Motrio ones? I know they come with the cambelt kit from RPD. Worth asking them if you can get them separately?
You can still get them separate from RPD.

I’ve got a set in my basket

You can still get an Aux belt kit for the 197.

I have just had mine changed.

The problem you have is after 12 or 15 years a car manufacturer does not have to supply genuine OE parts and then that's when genuine parts are hard to come by.

Renault have there own brand called "Motrio" and this is for the older cars so Renault can still make money on aftersales and parts.
The only difference between a Genuine Renault & Genuine Motrio is the cardboard box it comes in. Nothing else !!

The other slight issue you have with Aux kits and Timing belt kits is company's buy in Bulk so that means UK stock at Renault goes fast and then stock in France goes back order so you can sit for weeks waiting on back order parts.