Aux Belt recommended with Crankshaft Pulley?

Hi,

Ive got a 56 plate 197. Its done 31k miles and had a Cambelt Kit done back in November 2011 at a Renault dealer. This was before I bought the car.

It didnt have the Aux Belt done at the same time.

I called into my local renault dealer today to get a price for the Aux belt kit and was quoted £440. This was due to it needing a Crankshaft Pulley, They havnt inspected the car this was just the service desk.

I was obviously a bit shocked at this and said I would think about it.

I can understand changing the crank pulley on a cambelt change if it was recommended but I cant understand why they would want to do it on a Aux belt change.
Im guessing they would have to remove my cambelt to do this and im not massively convinced that thats a great idea, If they are going to do this I might as well get the whole lot changed.

Any views?

Aux belt is reccomended with a cam belt yeah, cant see why you would need the pulley aswell though.

The aux belt kit is only about 60 quid iirc.

If you wanted to change the pulley you could buy two of @Raptor6767 lightweight one and two aux belt kits for less than what renault quoted you lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I cant understand why they want to change the pulley.

Ive phoned 3 other local dealers and none of them have any idea either. They have come back with £150 ish quotes.

Im tempted to get the whole lot done, its due a cambelt next year anyway.