Auto wipers not working

Hi everyone,

my windscreen auto wipers dont seem to be working :/ i have had it on setting B or 2nd one down now for 3 days and its rained but no they dont come on, even with sensitivity turned right up, the windscreen has not been clayed, polished and sealed yet as havent had chance, could the dirty glass be causing it not to work?

thanks

Carl

From personal experience you don't want them working anyway. They seem to have a mind of their own (I know their supposed to but they don't seem to be able to make a decision and stick with it), going from slow to super fast with no change in the intensity of the rain. Really does my nut in. I keep mine turned off.

seems like alot have the same argument over them, i cant seem to find the intermittent setting either only slow constant and fast :/

Hi everyone,

my windscreen auto wipers dont seem to be working :/ i have had it on setting B or 2nd one down now for 3 days and its rained but no they dont come on, even with sensitivity turned right up, the windscreen has not been clayed, polished and sealed yet as havent had chance, could the dirty glass be causing it not to work?

thanks

Carl

If anything I've found treating the glass around the sensor causes problems.

I don't have auto wipers myself, but have on cars in the past. All the ones i've had (Peugeots) you have to turn them to Auto each time you start the car. Can anyone confrim if the Renault system is the same?

Chris

yeh im pretty sure you have to reset it everytime you get in the car

Nope you don't mine are on auto all the time and always work when they need to.
mine did as you describe when the pad detached from the windscreen. Check the pad behind your rear view mirror. If its detached a new one costs £20 from Renault and takes 5 minutes to fit. Just make sure you have something pressing it against the screen for a while so it's well stuck on.

Well ive had to do that with mine, turn off and click back to first position, everytime i start the car.