Auto dim rear view mirror finally fitted....

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

Finally got my auto dim mirror from a Laguna wired in at the weekend. I had actually fitted the mirror and ran cable down to the footwell weeks ago but finally at the weekend wired it in and I must say its brilliant.

We were travelling back from Top Gear Live last night and it dimmed perfectly meaning no glare from headlights..........the only trouble now is that I want something similar for my wing mirrors, is there anything like this around?

Thanks
James

Hi James,

Pleased you got it fitted, it was undoubtedly one of the best functional modifications that I made to mine, and remarkably straightforward too.

Nothing to retrofit to door mirrors AFAIK, sorry!

Hi James,

Pleased you got it fitted, it was undoubtedly one of the best functional modifications that I made to mine, and remarkably straightforward too.

Nothing to retrofit to door mirrors AFAIK, sorry!

Thanks for all your help as well. I definately couldnt have sorted it without asking you sooo many questions.

I didnt know whether you could get a tinted mirror or something similar just to stop a bit of the glare.

Thanks
James

Thanks for the replies.

I noticed on fleabay you can get blue tinted mirrors, i may have to look into them.

James

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have any info on which wires are what on the Auto Mirror?

Cheers Luke

Doing this from memory, I think there are two wires the same colour, and two others. Those two others need connecting to live and to earth. If you can tell me the colours I might be able to remember which is which. The two wires that are the same colour can be ignored.

Think the colours are: Yellow, Brown, White and Black. I'm assuming that the two spares are something to do with the mirror undimming when the car is put in reverse maybe.