Audio

Has anyone upgraded there stereo from the standard Renault units? speakers? sub? If so what you running?

I'm looking to change mine all over as the quality is poor and want to run my iphone and the tunes on there through the sound system.

i have an Alpine stereo fitted,

with Kenwood front speakers and Pioneer rear speakers, sounds alot better,

I have a Pioneer DVD H/U with iPod and iPhone playback. Pioneer mid range speakers in the front and rear. Kicker sub 1000w (RMS) and audiobahn 800w (RMS) amp in the boot!
Sounds quite good...

If you are looking for a headunit to play stuff from your iPhone, be sure to get one that says iPhone playback as the iPhones have a slightly different power requirement to just normal iPods...

I have a bit of a makeshift power connection to the sub, so if anyone know of how to wire a power cable to the boot without drilling through any bodywork then shout please!

Headunit -- Alpine CVA-1004
Expansion -- Alpine KCE-104V
CD/MP3 Changer -- Alpine CHA-S634
Ipod Adaptor -- Alpine KCE-415i
Amp For Speakers -- JL Audio E4300
Amp For Sub -- JL Audio E2150
Front Speakers -- JL Audio VR 650-CSi
Rear Speakers -- JL Audio TR 525-CXi
Subwoofer -- JL Audio 8" W6
Wiring -- Autoleads and JL Audio
Soundproofing -- Dynamat Extreme
Still got to add a dvd player and some other bits and bobs

As already said, check that what ever lead you get is Iphone compat and not just Ipod compat.

head unit alpine 9887
expansion : alpine bluetooth, alpine ipod connetor
amp for speaker : JL 300/4
amp for sub : JL 250/1
front speaker : focal component
back speaker : full range AVI
sub : JL 10w6
Stealth boot to hide all amps.

Ive fitted a sub into mine,
i spent quite a bit of time trying to find the best solution to get the power lead through,
it was suggested there is a spare grommit near the manifold however i could not find it and there was no way i was drilling anything.
In the end i fished the wire through the wing and behind the door seal (managed to get it to seal well afterwards) and then ran it under the plastics and behind the rear door card into the boot.
If you would like some pics i can try and get some up for you

In the end i fished the wire through the wing and behind the door seal (managed to get it to seal well afterwards)

Please tell me you are not talking about the actual door seal, if so that is just disaster waiting to happen.:confused1::confused1:
If you have managed to fish it through the multiblock on the A-piller then thats better.

sorry i didnt explain that very well, I bought the cable through the gromit next to the door seal which comes out next to the steering column, i then ran it under the plastics keeping it just behind the carpet. i will post a photo up to show it a little better as my explanations can sometimes be confusing haha

thank god for that, i majorly cringe when i hear people doing that.

seen too many boy racer cars going bang due to them thinking that is a safe way to run a cable.