Audio Install

Hi,

Picking up my 197 on friday and it just has the standard stereo (No cabasse).

What's needed to put in my own headunit? From what i can tell i need a falkra aerial adapter and wiring adapter if i want to use the steering wheel controls. Is there some way to make the dash display work with an aftermarket headunit?

Also, what size are the standard mids in the front doors? Are they easy to remove? And are the tweeters easy to remove?

Thanks
Ben

So there is an adapter available to make the display work?

Steering control adapters come to about £45 which is a lot but would be nice to have them working

not sure, i think it mite depend on what head unit you have. mine was for my alpine one, fitted a sub and amp box 2, but remove it and stuck the standard head unit back in for now. like using my controls to much.:biggrin:

Anyone knows the part number for the megane radio surround? As this would be needed when putting in a new headunit that is not for the car.

Cheers

I wanted to replace the headunit in my cup too, so i could install my sub and have my ipod and generally get a better sound. But, after pricing up how much it was to buy the wiring loom adaptors for the steering wheel stalk controls, the display and my parrot bluetooth kit, i too gave it a miss.
So instead, i managed to buy a cd changer input wiring adaptor for an ipod and a speaker wire to rca adaptor for about £50. Keeping the factory head-unit, my steering wheel controls and my bluetooth kit.
I tapped into the headunit power source (the one which comes from the ignition, rather than the straight feed from the battery) and used that as my remote lead power source for my amp!
I paralled the front speaker wires up to the rca adaptor and then ran the rca lead to my amp! perfect solution!!!