Are "Full Spec" 200s Difficult to Come By?

Hi Everyone,

This is more first post, so hello.

I'm thinking of selling my current car for a Renaultsport Clio 200. I've been researching the marque for the past eight months now and was initially told by the Cambridge Renault dealer, when asked what options the car may have come with, that the 200 has no options and anyone with a "full spec'd" car for sale was a liar. I did not have the best experience at this dealership.

This week I visited the Renault dealer in Ware. Sadly, I had a similar experience. The one salesperson that they had was on a test drive, leaving only the commercial sales chap. Again, it was pointed out that the car had no options. He handed me the brochure though and I turned to the correct page and showed him the options that he wasn't aware of. This dealer had two 200 cars, but no-one knew what was fitted to them.

Is someone trying to tell me something about this car?!

Anyway, I have two things that tick the boxes on the option list of this car:

• IPod connectivity - I understand I need the Multifunction Tunepoint for this?
  • Renault Monitor - I love gadgets and data, and this ticks some boxes (even though there's the RS app - but my experience of these types of app is that they're not acurate)

So, and thanks for reading if you have got this far, my question is - are 200s with the above options difficult to come by as I hardly see them listed on the Renault used website, Autotrader or Pistonheads? Is there another option, such as bluetooth, that means the Tunepoint is fitted for example?

I really hope someone can help?

Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

This is more first post, so hello.

I'm thinking of selling my current car for a Renaultsport Clio 200. I've been researching the marque for the past eight months now and was initially told by the Cambridge Renault dealer, when asked what options the car may have come with, that the 200 has no options and anyone with a "full spec'd" car for sale was a liar. I did not have the best experience at this dealership.

This week I visited the Renault dealer in Ware. Sadly, I had a similar experience. The one salesperson that they had was on a test drive, leaving only the commercial sales chap. Again, it was pointed out that the car had no options. He handed me the brochure though and I turned to the correct page and showed him the options that he wasn't aware of. This dealer had two 200 cars, but no-one knew what was fitted to them.

Is someone trying to tell me something about this car?!

Anyway, I have two things that tick the boxes on the option list of this car:

• IPod connectivity - I understand I need the Multifunction Tunepoint for this?
  • Renault Monitor - I love gadgets and data, and this ticks some boxes (even though there's the RS app - but my experience of these types of app is that they're not acurate)

So, and thanks for reading if you have got this far, my question is - are 200s with the above options difficult to come by as I hardly see them listed on the Renault used website, Autotrader or Pistonheads? Is there another option, such as bluetooth, that means the Tunepoint is fitted for example?

I really hope someone can help?

Cheers.

Mine has them... Buy it !

The RS monitor on the Clio is fairly rare as its a gimic. The tunepoint can be retro fitted by yourself, though you'd be better off with something like the Parrot MKi9100 (but that's just my opinion).

There are a few out there with them but neither make the car any better to drive. Recaros and a cup chassis would be the main things to look for.

Last edited:
my 200 has ipod connectivity and bluetooth hands free built in. depends what cd player you have, if you have a usb port and an aux port infront of the cup holders you will have bluetooth. if you only have the aux port then you wont have bluetooth. anyone correct me if im wrong but i think thats correct.

The RS monitor on the Clio is fairly rare as its a gimic. The tunepoint can be retro fitted by yourself, though you'd be better off with something like the Parrot MKi9100 (but that's just my opinion).

There are a few out there with them but neither make the car any better to drive. Recaros and a cup chassis would be the main things to look for.

It's not a gimmick it's useful

Don't be jealous :smile:

Sounds like the Renault dealer you went to didn't have a clue tbh. If you want just about every conceivable option available then you can't go far wrong with a Silverstone like what A20N has.

Ergh, Wests of Cambridge...the same people that tried to talk me out of speccing my 200 as high as I wanted.

I knew the spec list, i knew what i wanted, weirdos.

I specced everything apart from the rs monitor, folding mirrors and darkened glass..

Ergh, Wests of Cambridge...the same people that tried to talk me out of speccing my 200 as high as I wanted.

I knew the spec list, i knew what i wanted, weirdos.

I specced everything apart from the rs monitor, folding mirrors and darkened glass..

And the black roof lee :tongueout: :tongueout:

To be fair I only use mine for the oil temp! And I occasionally draw some pictures with the telemetry graph thingie!

I don't have the monitor but using my phone and an ODBII reader I get that and more, all mounted on my dash as well.

I wouldnt class it as something to put people off if the car hasn't got it.

I'm not sure the iPod connectivity is very common, anyone actually got it here? Personally I fitted an aftermarket (but hopefully not too 'charv') stereo that had the USB connection as well as handsfree, so again it's something easily sorted.

The OP is just making life difficult :tongueout: you'll be lucky enough to find the right colour with recaros and the cup chassis, the other crap can be sorted later.

Of course there are options.

Cup chassis
Recaros (leather or cloth)
Yellow pack
RS monitor
Bodykit (skirts, spoiler)
Tunepoint
Projectors (I know 200 don't come with Xenons but there are 2 kinds of headlights)
And I'm not sure about auto lights/wipers.

I'm definitely forgetting something here but to answer your question, yes, the dealer talks porkies.

And I'm not sure about auto lights/wipers.

They're standard on the full fat cars.

When I had an iPhone I used the Pirelli Diablo superbike app for a lap timer. Its a great app that uses GPS to work out when you cross the line each time and can even draw a map of your laps. And it free.

^^ Im the same. Wouldnt change it as it does the job perfectly...if a little slow and requiring a few software tweeks

Meg it lee, best of both worlds,
Yeap im afraid to say wests is rubbish tbf, me and a mate went in one day to enquire about there demo car, prices were discussed and we tried to get a bit of and the salesmen turned around and said this is a pointless conversation- basicly what are you still doing here

^^ Im the same. Wouldnt change it as it does the job perfectly...if a little slow and requiring a few software tweeks

There is an update on the Ren website that apparently speeds things up and stops the fondness for listing everything in alphabetical order.

I haven't managed to update successfully yet though.

Hi all. I just thought I'd update you to where I've got to.

I tried a Raider at Rawlinsons, really liked it, but we couldn't agree a price. I then realised that Silverstones come with these toys.

Today, I have picked up 15 month old Silverstone (number 50).

All good - except the driver headlight cluster which is full of condensation, and the wind caught me out and nearly ripped the door off - which now leaves a horrible clunk when the door shuts. A trip to the dealer will now take place!