Are all UPCs the same?

Will May

Paid Member
Got the common fault of the melted fuse board around headlight relay, so need to replace. Question is are they all the same renault part 8200674661? or do I need one that has been configured to suit the options on my 197 LUX

Reactions: KernowClio
Its just a switching unit that the BCM (computer behind the glovebox) sends the commands to turn circuits on and off. I don't think the box is chassis number programed but best get a unit for similar optioned car keyless entry or manual key like a cup not all the relays are the same even if they might fit think A, B and C. If it's a cup more likely easier to find replacement as the modus uses the same unit but safer getting a 197 or 200 unit I have seen brand new units for about £180 - £200 for reference but its looking like dealers are selling them for £320 I don't think the headlight options are a problem as xenon's use a dedicated lighting computer I don't even think the type of heating climate control or manual control is an option to worry with. It's a part that's in demand (prices) as a lot of cars suffer water damage with the unit flooding scuttle bays blocked drains and dirt around the box stopping water running away and if water pools up it will find a way in.
1623318564366.png

As Turkie says they’re not coded to the car so just try and get another 197 unit. Some units with the same part number come with a differing amount of relays and they’re soldered in (non replaceable).

Thanks for the help and info guys, found a brand new genuine one online for £230. Finally got around to fitting it today, part number had a c intead of a b at the end. Double checked that the relays had the same letters in the same places before fitting. Bit of a fiddle to fit but all well and good. 20210621_094636.jpg

Reactions: Sean197