Arch liners

A whole selection of weird noises in my experience! I'm very paranoid though, which doesn't help...:nomouth:

Im with this. And then some !

If you get a bit tetchy if your car makes an unusual knock / rattle - then a Clio really isnt for you.....

3 French cars in and im getting the hang of ignoring what my brain and ears are telling me :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben and Jimmy
Im with this. And then some !

If you get a bit tetchy if your car makes an unusual knock / rattle - then a Clio really isnt for you.....

3 French cars in and im getting the hang of ignoring what my brain and ears are telling me :smile:

Yeah very good point! This being my first French car, I'm finally get used to the fact that noises happen! Doesn't always necessarily mean that something is going to go wrong though!

Yeah very good point! This being my first French car, I'm finally get used to the fact that noises happen! Doesn't always necessarily mean that something is going to go wrong though!
I you think the Clio is bad, you should have seen my ford galaxy a few years back. It was back to the dealer every week with squeaks and rattles. My scenic and clio have actually been good in this respect.

The roundabout nearest to my house is typical of a owning a French car to me Jimmy. Its two lanes wide....extremely narrow in either lane, is rutted between both lanes and has smallish pot-holes / wear in the wheel tracks in both lanes too.

If i've been round that roundabout 1000 times in the Clio - its felt / sounded / made a slightly different noise or even no noise every single time iv'e been around it !

And i know there's nothing even close to being majorly wrong. I had it all looked at about 3 times initially. Aswell as replacing bushes, joints and arms like they were going out of fashion at first. None of which made a jot of difference !!

Just part and parcel of a small, lightweight,stiffish car with an uncompliant chassis and no ability to absorb the short-sharp shocks like biggers cars do......

Reactions: Jimmy
Yeah you sum things up pretty well there - no matter what you do, or get repaired/replaced, there is always something there that makes you think...what is that?!

I had what I thought was a knock and I had a Renault tech come out in the car to listen for it. It ended with him (in a polite way) telling me it was nothing and I should stop being so paranoid....

Yeah you sum things up pretty well there - no matter what you do, or get repaired/replaced, there is always something there that makes you think...what is that?!

I had what I thought was a knock and I had a Renault tech come out in the car to listen for it. It ended with him (in a polite way) telling me it was nothing and I should stop being so paranoid....

Ahhhh ! You sound like my Brother from another Mother......

:smiley:

I think they key is to find the balance between accepting that certain noises will happen, and paying attention to others before bits start dropping off as you go down the road!
Selective hearing...

Reactions: Chris

Similar Thread Suggestions