Anyone work with

Hi, [MENTION=50600]Chi[/MENTION] In short the garage shuts using marnatec 250 comfort iirc but the door no longer pulls in at the bottom and I can't figure out why.

It's closes fully onto the stop point at the top but the bottom looks like the pic bellow.

I don't want a new door as the kids play football and they all seem to be roller doors now.

Just wandered if you can advise me on why it has stopped pulling in at the bottom.

I've noticed the door almost hits the wood above the door frame but if I pull or push the door fully home then there is the usual 2 inch gap at the top as if the door runner has moved up some how but I've double checked everything and it's all tight an in place.

Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392098999.626108.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure it anything to do with it being electric as it goes fully to the stop position.

It's like the spring isn't pulling it in. I've tried tightening them up and loosening them off but nothing changes.

I may have to dig deep and get someone round.

Next door had a new one fitted a month of so ago and got 3 quotes done, £2,500, £2,250 and one did it vat free at £1,950

I've worked on a few as I'm a locksmith but I am not familiar with your problem mate.

Cheers anyway.

Isn't there a control box?

Looking at http://www.marantec.com/files/alte_eba/Comfort_240/8003443-19981109_D.pdf (wrong model but hey it was a quick google)

Seems to suggest you can adjust the force used to close it, maybe just needs a tweek?

It's shuts very quickly but just won't pull in at the bottom.

Looks like the wind my be ripping the door off