Anyone Run XL Tyres?

As above. I'm looking to change from the Contis as I can't stand them, so looking for opinions on those who are/have run tyres in XL fitment.

However, many of the other tyres in this size seem to only come in the extra load option. So IIRC it's a load rating of 91 rather than 87?

It concerns me a little as I think the Cup chassis ride's crashy enough as it is over my local roads.

I've got the 91 version of the Contis on mine* at the front and there's merely a little more buzziness to the tyre roar more than extra crashiness.

*couldn't be arsed to argue when I checked and found they'd fitted the wrong ones. The fitters seemed to not know the difference and it was a major player in the tyre business, too!

Cool. Doesn't sound too bad then. Oh and I find it's always best to assume everyone you deal with is a complete 'tard. It's much nicer then if they prove you wrong:smiley:

It was Micheldever Tyres, the biggest tyre fitter in the world, I believe. I rang and asked if they had 87s and they said yes. Then, when I got there, they asked what I wanted and I replied the same as fitted now. Paid up and went to the collect car from the bay after and found 91s on it.

Then I went back into office, said you've fitted the wrong tyres, I wanted 87s and they said they didn't have any and that Conti didn't make them anymore!! That was when I decided arguing with a braincell-free tyre fitter was futile and kept them. :rolleyes: