Anyone noticed this in their 200t or do I have a Problem?

Head mec was on day of so going in on Thursday now
Bit of a joke.
Had key in slot last two days and car seems to be behaving better.
It’s very strange.

Still getting same issues car is fine for first 10 mins then just lacks power.back in again next month to be looked at.could this really be down to the intercooler being terrible as we are still in the cold part of the year. My feeling are something is telling the ecu to back of ? Maybe plugs or sensor but it’s not leaving a fault code. Any ideas out there as don’t think Renault are gona fix this. ‍♂️

Still getting same issues car is fine for first 10 mins then just lacks power.back in again next month to be looked at.could this really be down to the intercooler being terrible as we are still in the cold part of the year. My feeling are something is telling the ecu to back of ? Maybe plugs or sensor but it’s not leaving a fault code. Any ideas out there as don’t think Renault are gona fix this. ‍♂️

I think I said it before but buy yourself a cheap obd scanner with live outputs and go onto intake temperatures and watch for it going above 50 which is what I found the car to seriously hold back the power
What I found was that 50 was really easy to hit when driving heavy
I bought a front mount and a rs map and the car is like night and day

Looked at the readings on scanner
When cold over 11psi of boost
As soon as car warms up out of cold cycle
I get between 7-8 psi
I agree intercooler is way to go but it won’t fix this issue I think

Looked at the readings on scanner
When cold over 11psi of boost
As soon as car warms up out of cold cycle
I get between 7-8 psi
I agree intercooler is way to go but it won’t fix this issue I think

What is the IAT readings when on boost

21 degrees Celsius

Don’t think that is With the standard intercooler when on boost probably when off boost and just pootling along
When on boost with standard intercooler it should go away above 40 when on boost
But as soon as you lift off it will return back to 20 ish
Don’t go by the rs monitor on the dash it’s useless
use a obd scanner and look at live readings when on full throttle while on boost you will see it hit high readings for a second or two then return to low readings straight away when lifting off
Best getting a mate to watch obd as you’ll miss the high readings because your to busy hanging onto the steering wheel
It’s these spikes of high inlet temp that causes engine to retard ,

20 degrees on a standard intercooler when on boost is impossible
Even with a big intercooler it climbs upto just under 30 when giving it the beans
As I said don’t go by the rs monitor

That’s what my obd saying as a max temp reading.
And was part in heavy traffic
Data logging showed max temp

Totally understand what your saying
But
My car if I go out drive slowly
The first time when the blue engine cold light goes off I will only get 7-8 psi of boost
But when engine is cold it will boost higher over 12 psi
If I’d been driving country roads and given some stick I understand what your saying
But I can even get it to go properly unless it’s cold and I’m never gona thrash my cold engine.

Got the car back from Renault again this morning with claims it's the Rs monitor misreading blah blah blah we are going to replace the infotainment module.

Took it straight to a rolling road and the Rs monitor readings are pretty spot on.
My car is producing 146.7hp at the most, the boost readings from the Rs monitor, map sensor, boost sensor and the reading taken on the dyno all say 0.5bar of boost.

The issue is coming from the car not demanding boost from the boost control solenoid so no boost is being produced.

I've taken the printout of the RR run and the diagnostics check back to the dealership who are now saying all they can do is pass that on to RUK but they don't think they will take any notice of it as it's not from an official Renault garage.

Where to go from here, email to Renault UK?

No I only got them to find the problem, the boost controller is only doing what the ECU is telling it to do so the fault is in the ECU

If it’s not IAT causing the boost drop it must be something else
21 degrees on standard intercooler when on full boost and throttle is wrong it should be a lot higher if it is right then all of us that have uprated to Big front mount have wasted our money
From my past experiences renault is not interested unless their computer says what the fault is
Your best bet is to bite the bullet and get the car into rs tuning and get them to monitor settings when on the rollers and see what is holding back the ecu
Or as a temp measure for a few minutes use a bleed valve to try and bring up boost and this will prove if the ecu is holding back the boost
If boost goes up then ecu is faulty / picking up a wrong signal
If boost doesn’t go up you have a faulty turbo / actuator
Or a blocked exhaust limiting flow ( seen this on a Nissan pulsar many years ago )
Ps - you sure it’s not got a Superchips map on it
My Superchips map was rubbish was holding back all the time
I binned it and went back to standard until I got rs tune map

Renault uk are unbelievable
They want to drop my case because nothing can be found
This started before car was three years old and was in Renault warranty
Only just having bought the car.
I’ve now been lead on for two months for them to say crack on with local dealers.
I have extended two years warranty
bought the car in December
I’m thinking of backing it to them now