Anyone noticed this in their 200t or do I have a Problem?

Renault UK came out to assess my car and then ended up referring it on to Renault France who apparently accessed my car remotely with it plugged in to the computer. Havnt been told what the problem was or what they did but so far it seems to be running ok, fingers crossed that is the end of it!

Still pretty pissed I had to go to the lengths I did to get them to assess the problem correctly and fix it!

Any Updates on this?

Cars been running fine since whatever Renault France did. Renault UK wouldn't tell me what was actually done though and just ignored me when I asked for them to pay for the RR and diagnostics I had done privately. The new megane has been crossed off my list for later this year now.

Reactions: SharkBite
Mine had the same
Soon as cane off cold map it reduced boost
Was told it was a conflict with an upgrade a dealer did to the map. I was also told it affected late 2014 early 2015
Like said before Renault France remapped it and been fine since
I had a reply from Renault saying all safety had been taken off my car

To summarise, the Master Technician advised that Renault Technical felt that the recent update on the injection computer was limiting the performance of your Renault CLIO. There were limits placed on the computer. When the car is being driven harshly, the limits put in place are there to save the engine from getting too hot, like a safety mode, holding back slightly. Limits are there to protect the engine. These limits are not there any more. If you do wish for these limits to be put back on, the Master Technician can reprogram again and do this for you.

They have been advised to go back onto the computer and put the last original reprogramming, what it came out the factory with. They have removed the limits now and they have informed me they have made you aware that the engine may overheat if continuously used in sport mode.

To summarise, the Master Technician advised that Renault Technical felt that the recent update on the injection computer was limiting the performance of your Renault CLIO. There were limits placed on the computer. When the car is being driven harshly, the limits put in place are there to save the engine from getting too hot, like a safety mode, holding back slightly. Limits are there to protect the engine. These limits are not there any more. If you do wish for these limits to be put back on, the Master Technician can reprogram again and do this for you.

They have been advised to go back onto the computer and put the last original reprogramming, what it came out the factory with. They have removed the limits now and they have informed me they have made you aware that the engine may overheat if continuously used in sport mode.
That’s shocking that basically the engine can’t stand up to driving hard without overheating, big fundamental flaw in its design that, especially if they realised it after launch and had to do an update to work around it, I’d be curious as to how you’d stand if the head gasket went and the map had its safety restrictions took off...

Sounds about right for the French car designers...

You reckon this might have been the cause with Charlie's head gasket going on the Mk4 Facebook group?

Been to rs tuning anyway lol
As long as temps not going into 100 degrees then not too worried
If the car blew up would be interesting discussion lol

And if I’m honest what’s difference Gona be from using race sport or normal if you continue to thrash it so I use normal and race now too scared to use sport lmao