Anyone interested in a tracking device?

Right, due to the amount of cars being stolen, think I'd like to get a tracker! Basically I'm looking around for the correct one to do the job! Not too interested in getting a company to do this for me. I've been looking at devices that come with a SIM card and all you do it text the number and it sends you a text back with its location, speed and a link to google maps! There is no fees to pay with this, once the item is bought, it's free after this. The battery lasts 60days untill a recharge is needed. Anyone interested depending on price? The more we order, the cheaper it will be......or are trackers such as these s**t?

Not a bad little gadget tbf, and better then nothing. The only downside is when thieves use gsm/gps signal blockers which is becoming more popular.

Not a bad little gadget tbf, and better then nothing. The only downside is when thieves use gsm/gps signal blockers which is becoming more popular.

Oh yes! Forgot about this! But for the sake of £40-60 ish, I think I might grab myself one!

It would be £60 well spent. The only other alternative is Tracker but your looking at 400 to get it fitted then 199 per year and they use a combination of VHF/GPS/GSM.

Overall I'd say its a good buy for that money. It could get your car back quicker.

Yeah, tbh it would be better having the one fitted from a company but its just the hefty price! But then if my car got stolen I'd be kicking myself for not getting one! Whereas if I get a cheaper one, atleast I tried and I might stand a chance of getting my car back and catching them!

It would be £60 well spent. The only other alternative is Tracker but your looking at 400 to get it fitted then 199 per year and they use a combination of VHF/GPS/GSM.

Overall I'd say its a good buy for that money. It could get your car back quicker.

Cheers for your help anyway! :smile:

I was reading about one in a mini magazine, sounded good and around £150.

I'll see if i can dig it out.

There is one for about £150 and £150 live subscription.

Can't remember the name will have a google dig at some point.

I was reading about one in a mini magazine, sounded good and around £150.

I'll see if i can dig it out.

Good good! Does it work on the same basis as the one above? I've got a price of £41 so I might order and see what's its Like and then let you know! :smile:

Another one here 22112442185

There is also a more expensive one available maybe like the one mentioned earlier? Here the item number-261098017616

Can anyone advise on the insurance implications of getting a tracker or something similar?

Does it help much?

Can anyone advise on the insurance implications of getting a tracker or something similar?

Does it help much?

From what I've been told (may be wrong), it will have some effect in lowering your premium. But, if your car is stolen with a tracking device fitted then it can be a drawn out process in getting a payout as there is a waiting period to see if it's found before the insurer will issue any cheque. That my not apply to all insurers though so please correct me if I'm wrong, it's just what I've been told through work in the past...

The ones that I have most experience with are very clever. You get a tag about a third the size of a bank card that you keep on your person and if the car is moved without this tag being present then it triggers it off and the tracking company call you within a few minutes. It's a bit of a pain in the arse if you're moving or working on something and forget to pick the tag up and then get a panic'd call off the owner asking where the car is and is it still wrapped in cotton wool!!! :smiley:

McLaren and Lamborghini use the same system, not sure what brand they are though.

I think they only recognise certain tracking devices and they are categorised into 3 types.

One is a basic tracker
One is a basic tracer with the ability to cut the engine
And one is all signing dancing that does extra stuff

Sadly none take the thief out and run them over without damaging the car.

Ideally i'd like tracker that is linked to a great spike that i can set off remotely from my phone.

It'd come straight out of the bottom of the recaro upwards and fast, about a foot long.