Any ideas anyone?

As i said before about my radio i can only get a signal when im near a transmitter then when i move out of the area nothing.
Renault seem to think its an aerial problem but would i not get anything at all or could it be the car body picking the signal up?

The reason i ask is that if its a hu fault i was considering just buying a better hu and popping in myself

Any help on this by anyone with greater knowledge than me or ren( as i think they dont know really)would be greatfully recieved

Many thanks Phil

Do you have a mate with an aftermarket headunit? If so, try swapping it over (15 min job) quickly to see if it sorts it? You can then eliminate wether its the unit or the wiring.

Unfortunatly no i dont, every one i can think of are all standard

I did have a look last weekend and it all seemed to be ok,the only place i could,nt see was under the head lining as i didnt want to damage it ,it seems to be a bit flimsey.

the reason i doubt rens theory is they said the cable runs up the a pillar and along the head lining, but it dosent its under the carpet to the c pillar then up the back to the aerial.Wheras they said up the a pillar along the top with extension leads so do they really know what the problem is?

Thanks for the good idea anyway

no probs. Fitting a new headunit will give you an instant improvement in quality anyways, even using the stadard speakers. so it wont be a waste of money, and you will get to see if its the aerial or not

Similar Thread Suggestions