What size of wheels, spacers and tyres and ideas anyone??

I'm looking to get a new set of alloys for the 200 firstly what size I was looking at 8 by 17 or there's 9 by 17? What size and what size are the standard alloys on it is it 7.5 by 17 but spacers for the 8 by 17 what size of spacers would fit he's for them and lastly what size of tyre for these alloys sizes would you go to 215 40's? Or would i be safer just goin for 18's?? My head is on over drive trying what to think to do and any comments would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I've tried reading your post a number of times but just cant figure out what your asking?

Too many questions and not enough punctuation to figure it out?

So far I can get:

1. What size are the standard alloys?- They are 17" x 7.5"
2. What size of spacers would fit them?- You could go for 16mm or 25mm hubcentric spacers
3. What size tyres do you need?- 215/45/17

Sorry dude my head is jus in over drive tryin to figure out what to do lol!
1. I was thinking of gettin the 8 by 17 alloys would there be any problems with these on I.e rubbin arches etc.
2. What wheel spacers would suite the 8 by 17 alloys as they are half
An inch thicker than standard alloy
3. What tyre would sit nicely on the 8 by 17 alloy the 215 40??

Also this alloy is available in 7.5 by 17 but would like to go a little wider and also available is a 9 by 17 alloy would this be too wide for the clip!
Or would I just be safer getting 18 inch??

1. I was thinking of gettin the 8 by 17 alloys would there be any problems with these on I.e rubbin arches etc.- No! I have 17x8 Ultraleggeras on my 200 without any problems.
2. What wheel spacers would suite the 8 by 17 alloys as they are half
An inch thicker than standard alloy- You need to know what wheels your buying first before you can think about spacers. The Ultraleggeras we have have an offset of ET55 and nicely beef out the arches.
3. What tyre would sit nicely on the 8 by 17 alloy the 215 40??- The 215/40 would be too stretched imo. We have the standard 215/45/17 on our 8" Ultraleggera.

Also this alloy is available in 7.5 by 17 but would like to go a little wider and also available is a 9 by 17 alloy would this be too wide for the clip!
Or would I just be safer getting 18 inch??- What wheels you looking at?

What offset are they in their respective sizes?

Whats the offset of the 17x7.5?

Whats the offset of the 17x8?

Can't find it on the site!! But would the 17x9 fit the clip have you heard them bein fitted before without any rubbin etc??

I've not seen anyone run a 9" wide wheel on their Clio.

You'll also have to find the offset before you buy.

found the offsets of the wheel im looking there is two of +48 and +35 what would be better?
also would anyone know the bolt pattern for the alloys of the clio's??

The bolt pattern is 5 x 108 centre bore of 60.1 (I think)

Standard wheel offset is ET68 so I dunno if they'll fit.

If the standard wheel is ET68 and you fitted another 7.5x17 wheel but this was ET48 that would be like having a 20mm spacer on, ie that would push the wheel out another 20mm.

This would be ok (from what i read on here about running either 16mm or 25mm spacers) but be close the arch.

If the new wheel was an 8x17 and was ET48 you would be very close to the arch, the extra 1/2 inch (say 12mm) would be 6mm either side so like fitting a 26mm spacer to a standard wheel.

You would probably be best sticking to 215 tyres in this case.