am i dreaming ?

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi
am i dreaming or what -
recently ive seen variety 197 and 200's bonnets (the inside surface)and some has some kind of inner cover and some do not -some got out of the factory with and some without?Or what...(seems like the later models dont have )dunno

Its Soundproofing buddy !

My 2010 year; Non-Cup 200 hasnt got any........and i'd love some !

I have looked on ebay. But all for sale sale have been very second-hand. Not sure what the new price is............

Its Soundproofing buddy !

My 2010 year; Non-Cup 200 hasnt got any........and i'd love some !

I have looked on ebay. But all for sale sale have been very second-hand. Not sure what the new price is............
I've always thought that was some sort of heat shield to,stop,the paint on bonnet getting to hot :oops:

Anyhow... Ive got one and I might try taking it off now!!

I've always thought that was some sort of heat shield to,stop,the paint on bonnet getting to hot :oops:

Anyhow... Ive got one and I might try taking it off now!!

Might well also help with that too though Ben............

My Saxo had none and cracked the paint on the bonnet eventually after numerous hot-engine days at Santa Pod.

So maybe all got with it? And some just lost it by the years..
In that case we all should get it and protect the bonnet

I think in days gone by - less cars had it than didn't have it. And i don't or didn't see loads of cars driving around with cracked paint !

I had a heavily modified car that i used purely for 1/4 mile racing at Santa Pod. Yes the paint did crack on this car. Was it the heat....or was it poor paint anyway ?

As far as i'm aware its purpose is sound-proofing. As a bi-product of that....it might well stop some heating radiating to the paintwork of the bonnet. I dont think thats its intended purpose; and you'd be unlikely and unlucky to suffer any sort of paint failure in my opinion through not having any.

If i do get some - i'll be getting it for a bit of noise suppression only :smile:

Lol
diarrhea magics
And back to the subject maybe they realized that it wont affect the paintwork ,so they took it off [emoji102] [emoji102]

Last edited:
You kind of hope that Renault Sport removed it for the Cups to give that full-on, stripped-out look... Makes sense with the other 'basics' that the Cup came with. Or is that assuming too much :smiley:

My R27 has it. I always thought it was to to do with heat transfer but it could also be for sound proofing.

You kind of hope that Renault Sport removed it for the Cups to give that full-on, stripped-out look... Makes sense with the other 'basics' that the Cup came with. Or is that assuming too much :smiley:
But as fox said non cup 200's came without too