Alternative exhaust tips

They are slash Gandy, But you cant really tell when they are on. its only about 15* anyway.

@Clio80. Cool, i think i should ask the seller for some sales comission :tongueout:

@Luke3. Id do the same but atm theres no point as im planning on a fill system next year.

@Glassjaw. Just the one mate. they arnt the best quality metal in the world but for 14 quid, if they last a year before they rush its still a good deal to me, but the reason i bought those ones were because they were cheap just as a trial. you might be better off buying some that look the same however are made from stainless steel.

:smile:

Thanks mate, think I might just get shot of my RS ones and go for the all black rear look - no trims at all - as I've now got carbon badges so all black (or soot like the stock ones) will prob look ace anyway.

Last edited:
I think i might be tempted with these...for 15 quid you can't really go wrong. Drum...where did you cut a bit out of them from??

They have three bolts in then 120* apart for mounting,
I took those out and the filed down the part where the bolts threadded into the metal,
that made the inlet diameter wide enough to get over the tail pipe,
and then i just used tin snips to cut a slit so the hose clamp would squeeze the trim around the exhause.

It took about a minuite to do.
Nothing hard at all.

Not to hijack your thread fela but I called into see my exhaust fitting mate and he had this lying around...what you reckon??

4-585AA07B-1544256-800.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

Sod's law that he only had one!! :lol:

That's nice, actually quite like there only being one, bit different from the usual!

yup that works.

Think ya need two tho, It looks good from thet angle but when you can see the other gap i think it looks daft.

Theres a blue 197 round here with just a single exit exhaust. Dont look too clever, And bloody hell does it sound bad!! sound slike a 1.0 saxo with a fat pipe.
(not that im saying by you having one trim it will sound any different lol, just thought id add a little stroy to my opinion)

:tongueout:

Not not too keen on the idea of a centre outlet.
Not with the same diffuser anyway.
Even if it was custom made to just have one outlet I just don't think it's shape would compliment it.

Always like to be pleasantly surprised tho^.
I think ya should do it :tongueout:

yup that works.

Think ya need two tho, It looks good from thet angle but when you can see the other gap i think it looks daft.

Theres a blue 197 round here with just a single exit exhaust. Dont look too clever, And bloody hell does it sound bad!! sound slike a 1.0 saxo with a fat pipe.
(not that im saying by you having one trim it will sound any different lol, just thought id add a little stroy to my opinion)

:tongueout:

there's one of those near me. it has 1 exhaust but it's a dual tipped singke exit and the 2 holes are made 2 look like 1.

looks awful, sounds worse.
I cant decide if it is actually an RS or a rep though. Ktec spoiler and front end looks RS but the back bumper isn't. Colour and tints are right for an Rs. Need to get a look at it's sides when I spot it next.

HAHA,
I wasnt expecting you to buy it,
Just showing you that its been done so pics must be around somewhere.

I might ask em.

Lol might be worth a shot as i'm coming up short on finding a matching trim...the manufacturer is saying its inwardly rolled...this is untrue lol!!

Not to hijack your thread fela but I called into see my exhaust fitting mate and he had this lying around...what you reckon??

4-585AA07B-1544256-800.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

Sod's law that he only had one!! :lol:

Clitheroe exhaust centre Gandy?
He's a good guy mate does lots for me .