Alternative exhaust tips

I was fed up of the wheel barrow handles and didnt just want the slash cut tips as you cant really see them so i took a punt on some from ebay.

They are:
140mm long
73mm outlet dia
made for a 57mm inlet but filing the clamps that the come with down and making a little slit to allow a hose clamp to be used to fix them on they work.

I think they look good, More 200 like in the flesh.
With tyem being short they dont stick out too far and you cant see the slash cut tips intide so no one will know they are just ebay tips.

They need some black insode them as they are too shuny from new but a 10 min drive will sort that.

anyway

Old

dc6cdb8e.gif

New

4721f8b6.gif

066d52b3.gif

647ef1cb.gif

7068335d.gif

cd9f506e.gif

f30072b4.gif

I think you could use 80mm outlet max as anything else would look too big, If anyone finds one with an 80mm outlet at a price where its worth buying one just to try let me know.

Far better than the over priced Renault sports trims, I think the Renault sport ones are far too thin, but that's just me

Yup they are.
I had them on for about two months thinking id get used to them but never did.

These willput me on till i get a cat back system.

They look alot better on the car than in the ebay pic!

Dont look as much of a slash cut either.

May have to get a set ordered at that price!!!

My thoughts too Arran.
You might get away with 80mm.
But I think these are spot on.
The main bonus for me is you can't see all the way down the tail pipes now so they don't look like handles.

Nope.
I didn't remove it for the genuine ones either.

If you wana hide the mounts you can get access through the rear wheel arches.

I used a flexiable adaptor with a umm socket bit on it to tighten jubilee clips,
I made a cut in the tips to they had some room to move and tighten.