Altering PCD

jimfacebinface

Paid Member
Has anyone ever themselves or known wheels to be successfully redrilled to alter the PCD to suit?

My favourite wheels only come in the one 5x108 size - 18x7.5.

Not really wanting 18s but I know that the said wheels come in all other 5x bolt patterns in 17x7.5 et48.

If it was ever possible to have them made to fit the Clio... In the meantime, I'll keep daydreaming!

Cheers chaps.

Yeah I know the Clio is 5x108 but the wheels are only available as 18s in that bolt pattern.

I've looked into adapters but my concern is adding another inch or more to the offset, right?

Be a while before I could get them anyway so plenty of time for calculations! Oh and I'm after Enkei RPF1s :001_tt1: ... What do you reckon?

Depending on the manufacturer you could always try and find others interessted in these wheels and get a small batch of 17x7,5 5x108 made for a group buy.
But I guess Enkei is not up to that within this rather "small" price range.

I've looked into adapters but my concern is adding another inch or more to the offset, right?

That's right, it's the wrong way around to be able to fit to our cars.

The standard 197/200 wheels are ideal if you wanted to fit them to something else because of the high offset.

If say you wanted to fit them to something with a 4x100 pcd they'd be great, you'd have a good 30mm or so to play with, if I wanted to fit them to my Alfa (4x98 pcd), those wheel are et35 so I could make an adaptor 33mm wide and it would bring the wheels down to the same et35 leaving plenty of room to mount the adaptors to the hubs.

Similar Thread Suggestions