Alloy spacing help.

Hey

Found some alloys i like, the website i found them on say they will fit a 197.
I put the details into a alloy calculator and it seems like the will be sitting to far in.

the fitment for the alloy is 5x108/7/45 17" with a 215/45/17 tyre.

If i space them out will they then fit????

Also a quick note im planning on h&R lowering springs aswell.

Here is a pic of the calculator

wheelimage.gif

Cheers Stotty

i would be inclined to say ure calculator is wrong.
a lower offset number should push the wheel out towards the arch and away from the suspension.

Someone correct me if thats wrong

i would be inclined to say ure calculator is wrong.
a lower offset number should push the wheel out towards the arch and away from the suspension.

Someone correct me if thats wrong

depends if its a - / + on the offset....

I think i have put the wrot offset for the original clio wheel anyway haha.
Do you guys think these will fit ?? Really like the look of them and playin around on photoshop i think they will look smart on the car. Obviously i dnt wona spend the money and they not fit.

Original offset is et68 then the new wheels are only 7" wide so its like taking off another 6/7mm

The thinner wheels should stick out about 16mm further than the renault wheels.

You can decide if you have that much more clearance or not, it's like putting a 16mm spacer on the wheels you have now.

Cheers for that. If the wheels are thinner im not goin to have as good traction am i?? Ah well ill keep lookin haha. What wheels do most people put on 197's??
I was lookin for a 5 spoke insted of the multispokes.

Cheers for that. If the wheels are thinner im not goin to have as good traction am i?? Ah well ill keep lookin haha. What wheels do most people put on 197's??
I was lookin for a 5 spoke insted of the multispokes.

U can have my 5 spokes from my 200 in swap for your 197 wheels if u want

I proberly would pal but i dnt have the car yet im jst plannin all my mods at the min makin sure i get a the right gear haha. Sorry :worried: